What's new

I usually have a good idea how the Jazz offseason will play out...

The Jazz need a third player that is consistently productive and can be counted upon. They don't have one of those, they have a large collection of players that can have really nice games or not. That **** only gets you so far.

Still believe Jazz should call the Knicks and offer anyone/everyone on the roster, an unprotected pick, protected first, and mountain of 2nds for Zingis.

We need 1 star. We're 1 piece away. Guys like Eric Bledsoe, Ricky Rubio or Danillo Gallinari aren't what we need. We need to go all out for Chris Paul and Paul George level players. Whatever it takes.

Still believe Jazz should call the Knicks and offer anyone/everyone on the roster, an unprotected pick, protected first, and mountain of 2nds for Zingis.
Nice fantasy but there is no way in a million years the Knicks trade Porzingis unless it's Curry Or LeBron

Nice fantasy but there is no way in a million years the Knicks trade Porzingis unless it's Curry Or LeBron

I mean, yeah, they shouldn't. They are the Knicks though and Zingis is fed the **** up.

But certainly, if I'm them I wouldn't do it. For the record, Phil Jackson recently said his job is to listen to offers instead of an unequivocal no.

Either way, there's no harm in trying.

Call me a homer 1,000 times but I would be thrilled if we had the exact same roster next year other than dropping diaw and one other guy (withey, neto, or mack) and then adding 2 first round draft guys.

I figure if we just have an average number of injuries next year and we see improvement from lyles, exum, burks, favors, and hood (all five are young and it would almost be impossible for each of them not to improve considering that they were all about as bad as they will be in their entire careers this year) then I figure we will be closer to 60 wins than 50 and the #2 or #3 seed.

Only way I really want major roster changes is if we could get a real difference maker clear upgrade type guy. Basically an all star.

I really like the roster that Lindsey has assembled.
Only real change I would be okay with is fairly minor, I wouldn't be troubled at all if any of the following guys were gone for next season: Burks, Diaw, Mack, Withey, or Neto.

I am leaning towards Hayward opting in to the final year of his contract. That seems to be the smart move for him financially and still gives him a chance to leave if things dont go well.

After that I hope Jazz go after another big name player. I hope we look at trading for Butler or George. If neither of those works out I would be okay with us looking into some other players such as Galinari. Gali could also play some stretch 4 for us.

Most of FA depend on if we make trades.

I hope we let Hill walk unless he comes back at a really good deal. I want Exum to start and then us get a backup for him that can start if he isnt quite ready but can move over if he is. I think Dwill could possibly fit that role but there are others.

I want us to go after a backup 4 that could possibly start if Favors isnt ready. I think Patrick Patterson from Raptors is a guy we could get for cheap for that role. Plus he is a decent three point shooter at 37% this year and plays well all around.

I want us to get a better backup center. Either someone that is more of a poor mans Gobert or someone that is more of a strong bruiser type center. I think Javale could be the poor man Gobert option although he is probably going to cost too much.

We are in a great spot though, we dont have to make big trades or FA signings but we also can if something good comes along. We have assets to make trades but we are looking good even if we basically stand still and just fill in some holes with FAs. We could make a huge jump next year if we just get a healthy Favors back and have better luck all around with health.

Why would he opt in when he could just opt out and sign a 1 year max? If his desire is to not sign a long-term deal in hopes of securing the higher max deal then that would make the most sense (if his goal is to maximize his earning potential). That is basically what Lebron has done recently and what Durant did this year.

I mean, yeah, they shouldn't. They are the Knicks though and Zingis is fed the **** up.

But certainly, if I'm them I wouldn't do it. For the record, Phil Jackson recently said his job is to listen to offers instead of an unequivocal no.

Either way, there's no harm in trying.

It has already been reported several teams have called the Knicks about Zingis.

Only real change I would be okay with is fairly minor, I wouldn't be troubled at all if any of the following guys were gone for next season: Burks, Diaw, Mack, Withey, or Neto.
Ya. Jazz have a good core. Everyteam has some throwaway scrubs on it.

I still have belief in burks getting healthy and having value. It's probably unjustified and wrong and I get why people have given upn to the point where if burks had a huge comeback I wouldn't rub it anyone's face.

But ya, the back end of the roster sucks like every teams does and all are expendable and even necessary to lose (to make way for 1st round picks of which the Jazz have many coming up. Another bright part of the future).

I love the way the team is currently set up. Just need to keep hayward and either ingles or hill (or as a bonus, both) and draft ok in the later first round (something lindsey has been pretty good at.)
Plus I think quin is the real deal.

We need 1 star. We're 1 piece away. Guys like Eric Bledsoe, Ricky Rubio or Danillo Gallinari aren't what we need. We need to go all out for Chris Paul and Paul George level players. Whatever it takes.

I'd take them though.

I'd take them though.

I would not. Bledsoe is no better than Hill and can't stay healthy to save his life. Rubio gets us no closer to a championship and is a step backwards defensively from Hill. Gallinari will get overpaid. I like him in our system but he wouldn't move the needle enough to kill our cap for him.

Why would he opt in when he could just opt out and sign a 1 year max? If his desire is to not sign a long-term deal in hopes of securing the higher max deal then that would make the most sense (if his goal is to maximize his earning potential). That is basically what Lebron has done recently and what Durant did this year.
Because he can't get the super max if he opts out.

Would Chris Paul be the missing piece? I mean look at what he did to the damn Clippers without Blake Griffin. Imagine what he could do with the Jazz. 2 bigs he can PNR and lob to, a star SF he can dish out to for spot up 3's. Plenty of firepower in Hood, Ingles(?), Joe Johnson. Not to mention he can finish as well. This would be the most complete team he'd ever have I feel that could give him the best option to make it far into the postseason. Sign him, and Deron Williams off the bench... ooowee.. I just had a Jazzgasm!

Paul/DWill/Exum
Hood/Ingles/Burks
Hayward/Johnson/Ingles
Favors/Diaw/Johnson
Gobert/Withey/Bolomboy

Would Chris Paul be the missing piece? I mean look at what he did to the damn Clippers without Blake Griffin. Imagine what he could do with the Jazz. 2 bigs he can PNR and lob to, a star SF he can dish out to for spot up 3's. Plenty of firepower in Hood, Ingles(?), Joe Johnson. Not to mention he can finish as well. This would be the most complete team he'd ever have I feel that could give him the best option to make it far into the postseason. Sign him, and Deron Williams off the bench... ooowee.. I just had a Jazzgasm!

Paul/DWill/Exum
Hood/Ingles/Burks
Hayward/Johnson/Ingles
Favors/Diaw/Johnson
Gobert/Withey/Bolomboy
Would love that ****

Paul/DWill/Exum
Hood/Ingles/Burks
Hayward/Johnson/Ingles
Favors/Diaw/Johnson
Gobert/Withey/Bolomboy

Yes. Paul would take us to the next level. Only questions are would he leave LA? And if he did could we convince him to come here over somewhere like San Antonio?

Look at teams looking to rebuild and poach their players.

Grizz, mavs, bulls, pacers, heat... all seem to me like teams who'd be interested in obtaining draft picks and expiring contracts. Do any of these teams have talent that we'd be interested in?

Also, the queens, 76ers, and knicks are run by idiots. Can we fleece them? Do they have anyone we'd be interested in?