What's new

I was thinking about it the other day...

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
How come nobody ever remembers Lucifer in their prayers? I mean, seriously, he's our brother, isn't he?

Would you be offended if next Sunday someone prayed over the pulpit, "Please help our brother Lucifer find his way home", or something like that? Serious question.

How come nobody ever remembers Lucifer in their prayers? I mean, seriously, he's our brother, isn't he?

Would you be offended if next Sunday someone prayed over the pulpit, "Please help our brother Lucifer find his way home", or something like that? Serious question.
Talking about christian or Mormon prayers?

Christian prayers, I suppose. I'm not too keen on other faiths, so I can't comment on whether or not they believe in Christ or Lucifer.

judiasm does not believe in satan as he is portrayed.
so thats why no lucipher prayers in old testament. new testament dont know.

but jews beleive lucipher is working for god. god is almighty so satan cant defy him. satan is playing "devils advocate" trying to seduce/test us.
hope i explained it.

thinking of that if he is working for god, he should be in our prayers

Assuming he is working against God, then. Just because he's bad we shouldn't pray for him?

How is it that DutchRudder is the only person to post in this thread? Get some balls, people, and answer the question!

I'm not qualified for this discussion.

I like your question trouty, and have no answer. Personally I think I'd someone said "and bless Lucifer" in there prayer I might be shocked, but not offended. It is a good point though. Someone would pray for there brothe in prison to turn his life around so why not Lucifer? However, if there was no Lucifer to make us sun would there be a need for a God to make us righteous or forgive our sins. So maybe in truth we want Lucifer to stay evil.

I guess I'll throw something in.

If God is all powerful, all knowing and in all places at all times then it's clear that Lucifer is not an accident. Lucifer doesn't possess some magical God defying force field, does he (like I actually don't know how Christianity or Judaism or Islam explains why God doesn't just smote Lucifer or whatnot, so maybe Lucifer does have the ability to defend against God's omnipotence)? So my assumption is that evil Lucifer is part of the plan.

Plus, it just makes for a more compelling story. You always need an antagonist. They never would have sold as many Bibles as they have without one.

Didn't I have this conversation?

If hell is so bad, and we're supposed to turn the other cheek, why haven't God and Lucifer just gotten a few beers and called it good by now?

So at least we've had the Athiest/Agnostic POV -- I'd like to know Colton's thoughts, and maybe, (dear Gods, help me) babe's...

I wouldn't be offended if someone prayed for Lucifer, although it would certainly startle me, unless it was near the end of one of those long prayers that put you to sleep, in which case I wouldn't notice.

Matthew 5:43-48
Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven.

How is it that DutchRudder is the only person to post in this thread? Get some balls, people, and answer the question!

cus contrary to popular belief i am a very religious person, but i acept and respect most other religions.

but going by christian philosophies, they prey for the bad. so if satan is against god. you should pray for him.

I guess I'll throw something in.

If God is all powerful, all knowing and in all places at all times then it's clear that Lucifer is not an accident. Lucifer doesn't possess some magical God defying force field, does he (like I actually don't know how Christianity or Judaism or Islam explains why God doesn't just smote Lucifer or whatnot, so maybe Lucifer does have the ability to defend against God's omnipotence)? So my assumption is that evil Lucifer is part of the plan.

Plus, it just makes for a more compelling story. You always need an antagonist. They never would have sold as many Bibles as they have without one.
Judaism explains it.
Judaism says: Satan is working for god. he is there to test/tempt us. but at the end of the day he works and reports to god.
he has no power to defy god. none whatsoever. god is truly almighty. i asked specifically about this as a young boy in "Sunday school" later as an adult i researched it some more

I think if you did this in fast and testimony meeting you would get one of three responses: 1) derision. People would consider you to be the anti-christ, but it would make them happy to have yet another thing they can lord over other people to pump up their piety. 2) there goes that weird troutbum dude again. you know I heard he hangs out with some home brewer guy in salt lake city somewhere. Yeah he ran for office but had to quit because he had a drinking problem. 3) did he just say what I thought he did? I don't know, I was playing on my phone.

I've never really thought of it. Now that I have, I guess it's because he's been cast out, never to be returned to God's presence. In other words, there's no going back for him. The proverbial "lost cause".

I've never really thought of it. Now that I have, I guess it's because he's been cast out, never to be returned to God's presence. In other words, there's no going back for him. The proverbial "lost cause".

So that's it, then?

Is there anyone here who feels bad for Lucifer, or may actually think about him in their future prayers? If so, why? If not, why not?

Again, this is a serious question that I've spent some time thinking about and would like to know your thoughts. Thanks to those who have already answered. I'd like to read NAOS, Siro, HottyKKK, and others if they'd grace us with their thoughts.