What's new

If Jazz don't get a first round pick

slc

If Jazz don't get a first round pick let's speculate about their second round pick.
I have no idea. :confused:

We've discussed it quite a bit in the draft thread, but it's buried. I think most agree that Darius Miller would be a superb get. I also like Will Barton. O'Quinn has been named recently .. Machado as well. Several others, I'm sure.

I like Miller and Machado........possibly in reverse order, but give it a day.

We don't get a 1st rounder we trade to get a 1st rounder. Either Jefferson or Al are probably viewed as expendable, barring any incredible playoff run.

I mean, we need fresh blood to pine over and yell at Corbin for not playing enough.

We don't get a 1st rounder we trade to get a 1st rounder. Either Jefferson or Al are probably viewed as expendable, barring any incredible playoff run.

I mean, we need fresh blood to pine over and yell at Corbin for not playing enough.

Jefferson or Al? I must be missing something because I thought that Jefferson or Al is the same person. Can someone please fill me in?

Jefferson or Al? I must be missing something because I thought that Jefferson or Al is the same person. Can someone please fill me in?

I saw that, I assume Cy just likes Sap too much to name him. Hence, Al and Jefferson.

I don't know that I'd trade Millsap for a first rounder. It seems to me that we'd be awfully lucky to get equal value in the long run from a deal like that. If we could trade Al for a pick around 8-10 I'd definitely consider it.

I don't know that I'd trade Millsap for a first rounder. It seems to me that we'd be awfully lucky to get equal value in the long run from a deal like that. If we could trade Al for a pick around 8-10 I'd definitely consider it.

Sound.

Draft a back-up PG and a wing scorer. Or maybe Jae Crowder.

Separately, I would be surprised if we got fair value for Al in a trade. The guy is still good for 20/10/3/1.5. He's shown durability and shoots 50% with high usage. The names we've talked about are what--Granger, Iggy? Maybe we could try for OJ Mayo. Not sure we'd pull the trigger on those.

I know Millsap is clutch and all but I just don't see him in our long term plan... Jefferson can at least serve as a mentor of sort for both Favors and Kanter. He's not undersize and his passing & defense is sort of coming along..

I'd trade Millsap for a top 10 pick this year, definitely..

I know Millsap is clutch and all but I just don't see him in our long term plan... Jefferson can at least serve as a mentor of sort for both Favors and Kanter. He's not undersize and his passing & defense is sort of coming along..

I'd trade Millsap for a top 10 pick this year, definitely..
I don't want Jefferson teaching them too much. We all know that all he knows well is his dancing stuff, and we know that Millsap plays winning basketball and Al is still learning. The idea that a student needs to be the primary tutor for them is something I actually do not like. I like that they got some dance lessons from Al this year, but I don't want them becoming Al Jefferson. I might have an aneurysm.

Here's another interesting wrinkle to all of this. Next year's team is likely to be without (at least) four players currently on the roster:

(choose four): CJ, Howard, Tinsley, Watson (yes, I know he's under contract), Carroll, Bell (yes, I know he's under contract), Evans...

If KOC is trying to build a roster that is very flexible for 2013, he's going to have to fill the roster with draft picks and cheap one-year rentals. I'd prefer he try to get his hands on more than one second-round pick, because I don't want the Howards of the world taking time from Burks, etc.

I wonder what it would take to acquire two more high-second-round picks?

I think it would still be a successful draft if we got Crowder, Machado, and DMiller.

Here's another interesting wrinkle to all of this. Next year's team is likely to be without (at least) four players currently on the roster:

(choose four): CJ, Howard, Tinsley, Watson (yes, I know he's under contract), Carroll, Bell (yes, I know he's under contract), Evans...

If KOC is trying to build a roster that is very flexible for 2013, he's going to have to fill the roster with draft picks and cheap one-year rentals. I'd prefer he try to get his hands on more than one second-round pick, because I don't want the Howards of the world taking time from Burks, etc.

I wonder what it would take to acquire two more high-second-round picks?

I think it would still be a successful draft if we got Crowder, Machado, and DMiller.

Do we have New Jersey's 2nd round pick this year? Also, do we have our own? I'm fully aware of our situation with our first round picks, but haven't seen any discussions really confirming the second round.

Do we have New Jersey's 2nd round pick this year? Also, do we have our own? I'm fully aware of our situation with our first round picks, but haven't seen any discussions really confirming the second round.

We have ours and ours alone.