What's new

IF KANTER PLAYED AT KENTUCKY...

I just can't imagine Kanter being that good at UK. Cal likes players who play defense. That is why Wiltjer didn't play much, he couldn't play defense. How many minutes would Cal have given Kanter? Don't give me those BS comments Cal made pre-draft about Kanter, he was just helping to hype out one of his players, they can't be taken as sincere comments.

Not many college kids who are 6'11, strong and can ball. His defense honestly probably would have been fine.

Last edited:
Kanter would have been a defensive weak link for the team, he would only get around 20 mpg, I'm nearly sure of it.

That was actually a great draft in retrospect. Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas. Probably the best draft since 2003.

That was actually a great draft in retrospect. Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas. Probably the best draft since 2003.
Yup and honestly if you are putting Harris and vucevic in there then you may as well throw Burks and kanter in there too

Don't forget Irving (all-star), Jonas (solid starter), and Knight (solid starter). We got ****ing Kanter.

Getting Kanter in this draft is like looking in your candy bag after Halloween and you got all that weird off-brand **** that comes in an orange wrapper while your friends got King Size Snickers bars.

Honestly I am not so sure about Jonas V. He is only averaging 3.7 minutes in the 4th quarter. He has played 13 games with zero minutes in the 4th quarter. I found someone say this in an NBA forum

"He's not very good defensively, and doesn't give as much effort as Amir and Patterson, imo. Stats also indicate that the Raptors are better on both ends of the floor when Amir and Patterson are out there together. Valanciunas doesn't need to be out there in the fourth quarter to improve his game since he plays decent minutes, and the Raptors have a better shot of winning if they go with their superior lineup. Raps fans have an oddly high opinion of Val. He's a slow post-up player with questionable footwork and below average defense. He might get there eventually, but there is no justifiable reason for Casey to play him in the fourth right now."

and then someone who is a raptors fan says this

"I completely agree with you. I not a huge fan of Casey, but I agree with him on not playing JV much in the 4th. I have no idea what other raptor fans see in him. Everybody ignores how bad he on defense, particularly on pick and rolls and his help defense. Whenever other teams go small, raptor fans are up in arms when Casey goes small as well, instead of letting JV take advantage of the match-up, ignoring the fact that he is not good enough on offense to overcome his lack of ability to guard smaller, more mobile big men."

"It's his defense which is the problem.
Valanciuans ranks 59/76 qualifying centers in RPM. 63/76 DRPM. His ORPM is 52/76, but the eye test says he's better than that. All three stats are negative (that's bad with DRPM)
On a typical good night, Valanciuanas is only matching buckets with his man."

"It's his defense. As someone who's watched all of Lithuanian national basketball team's games in recent years, let me tell you that JV would get benched in key stretches by our coach as well. JV's help defense can leave a lot to be desired sometimes."

Last edited:
Honestly I am not so sure about Jonas V. He is only averaging 3.7 minutes in the 4th quarter. He has played 13 games with zero minutes in the 4th quarter. I found someone say this in an NBA forum

"He's not very good defensively, and doesn't give as much effort as Amir and Patterson, imo. Stats also indicate that the Raptors are better on both ends of the floor when Amir and Patterson are out there together. Valanciunas doesn't need to be out there in the fourth quarter to improve his game since he plays decent minutes, and the Raptors have a better shot of winning if they go with their superior lineup. Raps fans have an oddly high opinion of Val. He's a slow post-up player with questionable footwork and below average defense. He might get there eventually, but there is no justifiable reason for Casey to play him in the fourth right now."

and then someone who is a raptors fan says this

"I completely agree with you. I not a huge fan of Casey, but I agree with him on not playing JV much in the 4th. I have no idea what other raptor fans see in him. Everybody ignores how bad he on defense, particularly on pick and rolls and his help defense. Whenever other teams go small, raptor fans are up in arms when Casey goes small as well, instead of letting JV take advantage of the match-up, ignoring the fact that he is not good enough on offense to overcome his lack of ability to guard smaller, more mobile big men."

He is pretty slow. Most players his size have trouble guarding the PNR.

He sucks at passing like Kanter, he doesn't block shots (not as bad as Kanter, but still bad). He does score efficiently, hit his FT's, and manages to get to the line. I wouldn't consider him a top 10 center, but for a 3rd year big he is doing pretty well, at least from a statistical standpoint.

In my view the real question is, "if Kanter had played in Turkey/euroleague". Remember, he lost one more year before joining Kentucy and if he had played against Euroleague competition during this time span, I believe he would have been a much better player now. Of course, that also means maybe he would have drafted lower than #3 but playing against defensive minded Euroleague teams, would have improved his bball IQ.

He would have played good D in college. It's college, I mean really, if Kanter went to the D-league he would be a monster.

**Edit** I mean, look at the 'scrubs' we have coming from the D-league that lit it up when they were there.

Last edited:
He would have played good D in college. It's college, I mean really, if Kanter went to the D-league he would be a monster.

**Edit** I mean, look at the 'scrubs' we have coming from the D-league that lit it up when they were there.

Kanter would have played **** D in college. Defense is largely effort, focus and IQ, on any level, Kanter has none.

Kanter would have dominated in college. Ain't no doubts.

Plus, look at who would have been coaching him

Kanter would have played **** D in college. Defense is largely effort, focus and IQ, on any level, Kanter has none.

It's all speculation of course but really he would have had a mans body in a kids game. You can't tell me its all just effort, talent and physical gifts are a huge part of it as well. Like, if I went to a middle school game I would wreck them.

kreese1.jpg

No mercy.

Attachments

• kreese1.jpg
    kreese1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
Kanter would have been just fine on defense, and his strengths would have far surpassed any weaknesses to his game. Less space to cover, facing less talent, weaker players, smaller players, slower players. He was a large dude. He would have been fine. He would have been immovable and gotten tons of offensive boards with easy putbacks. He would have **** all over Mississippi State especially. Just because he sucks in the NBA and hasn't lived up to the hype doesn't mean he would have been awful in college. The level of competition is not even close from college to pro. Cy knows. He's trolling y'all.

Kanter would have been just fine on defense, and his strengths would have far surpassed any weaknesses to his game. Less space to cover, facing less talent, weaker players, smaller players, slower players. He was a large dude. He would have been fine. He would have been immovable and gotten tons of offensive boards with easy putbacks. He would have **** all over Mississippi State especially. Just because he sucks in the NBA and hasn't lived up to the hype doesn't mean he would have been awful in college. The level of competition is not even close from college to pro. Cy knows. He's trolling y'all.

College would change a lot of things for him. Europe would change a lot more than it. He skipped all, feasted on his physical dominance over lesser ones, while he had rare bigman offensive talent base to grow upon. This led to the Kanter we know.