What's new

IF KANTER PLAYED AT KENTUCKY...

I still believe he will become a C/PF in the league that is known for easy points whenever you take him into the game. As he gains experience and loses stress that comes from the stuff he thinks hard in his mind, his game will become more natural, he will be more comfortable playing with teammates, he won't be pressured by the expectations of the team that drafted him and had high hopes of him, and he will end his career in this league.

But I also know that the Jazz might not have left enough of the patience for the growth of Enes.

A change of franchise would contribute his status a lot, I believe.

I'm pretty certain we will not regret letting him walk for nothing if it's the case, but a change of scenery will be good for enes the human being.

I still believe he will become a C/PF in the league that is known for easy points whenever you take him into the game. As he gains experience and loses stress that comes from the stuff he thinks hard in his mind, his game will become more natural, he will be more comfortable playing with teammates, he won't be pressured by the expectations of the team that drafted him and had high hopes of him, and he will end his career in this league.

But I also know that the Jazz might not have left enough of the patience for the growth of Enes.

Kanter will have a better career than Gobert. It's just that we've been screaming for defense so long that now we have it we are overrating Gobert and highly under rating Kanter. He's an elite scorer and a slightly above average defender. If we had perimeter defense to hide him behind the fans would be calling him MVP. He could easily score 25 LPG if you built a propped team around him. If we let him walk someone else will, and we'll regret it.

Kanter will have a better career than Gobert. It's just that we've been screaming for defense so long that now we have it we are overrating Gobert and highly under rating Kanter. He's an elite scorer and a slightly above average defender. If we had perimeter defense to hide him behind the fans would be calling him MVP. He could easily score 25 LPG if you built a propped team around him. If we let him walk someone else will, and we'll regret it.

I wish you were right.

Kanter would have been just fine on defense, and his strengths would have far surpassed any weaknesses to his game. Less space to cover, facing less talent, weaker players, smaller players, slower players. He was a large dude. He would have been fine. He would have been immovable and gotten tons of offensive boards with easy putbacks. He would have **** all over Mississippi State especially. Just because he sucks in the NBA and hasn't lived up to the hype doesn't mean he would have been awful in college. The level of competition is not even close from college to pro. Cy knows. He's trolling y'all.

Renardo Sidney would have ran laps around Kanter's ***.

If you don't mind your offense just being post-ups to Kanter and having no ball movement, sure, he can shoot around 50% and never get to the foul line. Great offensive option if you have zero other players capable of doing anything, like a Philly.

If you don't mind your offense just being post-ups to Kanter and having no ball movement, sure, he can shoot around 50% and never get to the foul line. Great offensive option if you have zero other players capable of doing anything, like a Philly.

Kanter shoots over 62% in the post.

Would Kentucky have played more zone to hide his defense?
no.. Calipari tells his players, "I won't hide you. I will allow you to showcase your talents running a defense-style system.. but your flaws will be magnified as well." He does this.

Kanter would have been a low end double-double guy at UK - probably 12/10. His footwork was more refined than any big man in the country at that time and he could have bullied a lot of smaller players (half the teams in the country have Centers under 6"10") down low.

He still goes top 5 if he played; but no way #1

Agree with the last part, but no way he is relegated to such low numbers that year.

Kanter would have been good in college. Probably 16-18/10-12.

Better. Josh Harrellson for josh sakes.. our team made him look like a star and got him drafted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kanter was 100000x better.

Kanter would have been a defensive weak link for the team, he would only get around 20 mpg, I'm nearly sure of it.
stop
Kanter would have dominated in college. Ain't no doubts.

Plus, look at who would have been coaching him
my gawd ur smarter than I thought

Renardo Sidney would have ran laps around Kanter's ***.

funniest post of the thread. Sidney didn't do laps, he did donuts.

If Kanter didn't do the Nike Hoops Summit people would be saying "no way he breaks Dirk's record"

Nah, it makes sense. He is a selfish player who doesn't pass. In an All-Star game setting where no one is really expected to pass or play D, I expect him to thrive (which is what I screamed at everyone pre-draft).

Reactions: MVP
I'm still ok with drafting Enes. He showed a lot of potential, and he's still at least an average player in this league. It's not like Valanciunas is any good either. And I'm still not convinced Knight is that different from Kanter, impact wise.