What's new

If KAT becomes available should Jazz be interested?

I agree in theory but we don't even know what step we are on, let alone what steps we can now try to skip.
Nonsense. We know exactly which step we're on.

url
1713198930574.png

Probably should have just said he passes well then instead of putting a weird gobert qualifier in there numbnuts
Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Nah numbers
With the cap space we have at the moment, we only would have to move Clarkson for KAT for the trade to be legal.
I agree but if you did a salary match you can then use the space to sign someone else. This is an all in move

Lauri and KAT are great fits
Nope. Having 2 scoring bigs at the 4 and 5 is not ideal. Can you think of any situation where you have 2 scoring bigs that are thriving at the same time? I can't really think of one right now.

Last edited:
Nope. Having 2 scoring bigs at the 4 and 5 is not ideal.
Yeah, you dont want to score too many points in the NBA.

Seriously man, listen to yourself. The Jazz were an unstoppable offense for about a month with Collins/Lauri. If it was KAT/Lauri it'd be unstoppable for an entire season.

I get KAT isnt a great defender, but he also isnt nearly as bad as people make him out to be.

Lauri/KAT/Sexton would give you the building block of an elite offense.

Sign DeAnthony Melton and start Hendricks at the 3 and hope that gives you enough perimeter defense to not be a bottom 10 team on defense.

I have no idea what to even guess would be fair trade compensation. Can someone put together the Jazz package that could get it done? Then we can answer the question knowing where the rest of our assets stand, and a look at what the theoretical team around him might be.

I have no idea what to even guess would be fair trade compensation. Can someone put together the Jazz package that could get it done? Then we can answer the question knowing where the rest of our assets stand, and a look at what the theoretical team around him might be.
Got to wait til the playoffs end to get any read on the temperature. We dont even know if trading KAT would be their first choice or how much $$$ they would want to shave.

John Collins + Jordan Clarkson + their 27/29 firsts back?

there is the Trae Young for KAT super challenge trade that people throw out. I think NY would pony up a few picks and Randle/Robinson. Not sure who else would be in the bidding.

For us it would be something like John Collins/Clarkson/2-3 picks (maybe including their own?). I am sure they would want more but his contract is a supermax so lots of dough attached to him and last couple years have been a struggle health wise.

I'm not a KAT guy so it doesn't excite me at all.

Yeah, you dont want to score too many points in the NBA.

Seriously man, listen to yourself. The Jazz were an unstoppable offense for about a month with Collins/Lauri. If it was KAT/Lauri it'd be unstoppable for an entire season.

I get KAT isnt a great defender, but he also isnt nearly as bad as people make him out to be.
One guy ends up taking a backseat to the other which is fine when they have other skillsets to focus on and expend their energy but that isn't the case with those 2. If we are going to trade for a star then it better for someone that can actually play a 2 man game with Lauri rather than just taking turns. As far as our offense this year goes you are seriously overrating a short stretch of games against a softer schedule while Sexton went nuclear. A KAT/Lauri duo does not make us a championship contender. It make us a lower tier playoff team.

Trash players and the Wolves own picks back sounds like an incredibly cheap price for KAT. And I'm still not sure it would excite me. I guess that answers the question for myself...

Maybe we can help facilitate it with two other teams, if the Wolves really value getting their own picks back or something.

One guy ends up taking a backseat to the other which is fine when they have other skillsets to focus on and expend their energy but that isn't the case with those 2. If we are going to trade for a star then it better for someone that can actually play a 2 man game with Lauri rather than just taking turns. As far as our offense this year goes you are seriously overrating a short stretch of games against a softer schedule while Sexton went nuclear. A KAT/Lauri duo does not make us a championship contender. It make us a lower tier playoff team.
They wouldn't take a back seat to each other. They both have pretty different playstyles that compliment each other well.

It depends on the cost. He is pretty under rated especially on this board. He has also matured a lot and played decent defense this year. He fits well next to Lauri and would compliment him as well as fitting his timeline.

I dont really see anything Minny wants from us so it would need other teams involved.
Their picks back