What's new

If KAT becomes available should Jazz be interested?

top-moments-twin-towers-clinch-2nd-title.jpg
I could be wrong but from what I remember both them dudes played good defense.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Biggest issue for me is his contract and that will be the stumbling blo k for most teams. With out the price I thin Kat and Lauri would be great together. If we could get Castle and Hendricks taking a step up next year I think that is a great line up.

There wasn't anything about defense mentioned, just the offensive balance of having so much scoring coming from bigs sharing the floor.

Plus David Robinson took a huge backseat offensively after Duncan came in. He averaged 21.8 Duncan's rookie year and then was a mid teens scorer the next few years while still being elite defensively.

There wasn't anything about defense mentioned, just the offensive balance of having so much scoring coming from bigs sharing the floor.
You didn't actually look at Robinson's numbers did you? He took a huge a big step back as a scoring big after the addition of Duncan. Luckily for him he could focus on being an elite big man on the defensive end of the court. The year they won that first title he only average 15.8pts a game.

You didn't actually look at Robinson's numbers did you? He took a huge a big step back as a scoring big after the addition of Duncan. Luckily for him he could focus on being an elite big man on the defensive end of the court. The year they won that first title he only average 15.8pts a game.
Is your dumbass really trying to draw comparisons from ducan/Robinson to Lauri/kat?

Let's just stop

Lauri and KAT would simply be unbelievable on offense and anyone who disagrees is just being stupid for the sake of being stupid.

Defensively it would be better than Collins/Lauri

Lauri and KAT would simply be unbelievable on offense and anyone who disagrees is just being stupid for the sake of being stupid.

Defensively it would be better than Collins/Lauri
If I could have my pick of players to surround them with, even if you removed the top 20 players in the league or something, I could talk myself into it. But out current backcourt we'd have to put around these guys is near the worst possible fit. And better options aren't readily available.

If I could get Suggs, McDaniels etc. types, and a connective point guard as my starting five with these two, I'm super into it.

Sexton, Keyonte, et al? not so much.

Is your dumbass really trying to draw comparisons from ducan/Robinson to Lauri/kat?

Let's just stop
Good god you are dumb. Infection posted Duncan and Robinson as 2 scoring bigs. Stop acting like a giant *******!

Eh, I can read between the lines.

If he would have said something like "you can't have two amazing superstar Hall of Fame bigs who are great on both ends of the floor playing together" then I think your example would have been a great reply.

I saw the scoring bigs description as intentionally not mentioning defense and pointing out the scoring due to the lack of defense

Let's just stop
No. Another poster made that comparison. He was agreeing with you that the comparison is poor and pointed out that it is a poor comparison by reminding us that Robinson was a great defender and Duncan allowed him to focus more on defense.

The statement was “Having 2 scoring bigs at the 4 and 5 is not ideal. Can you think of any situation where you have 2 scoring bigs that are thriving at the same time? I can't really think of one right now.”

People don’t like the Twin Towers example, fine. But the idea that having your offense heavily coming from 4 and 5 is more operating off the antiquated notion that those guys are going to be occupying the same limited space, which isn’t really relevant or a concern with KAT and Lauri.

There are numerous reasons to not want to make a move for KAT. The offensive fit of our two best players being “bigs” isn’t a very strong one, though. And KAT and Lauri will occupy the same space exponentially less than Duncan and Robinson, or Barkley and Olajuwon, or whichever comparison.

But yeah, someone says they can’t think of a time when it was successful and **** me for thinking of a historic pairing. I guess I should’ve appealed to homeytennis’ G League examples of two bigs existing offensively.

The statement was “Having 2 scoring bigs at the 4 and 5 is not ideal. Can you think of any situation where you have 2 scoring bigs that are thriving at the same time? I can't really think of one right now.”

People don’t like the Twin Towers example, fine. But the idea that having your offense heavily coming from 4 and 5 is more operating off the antiquated notion that those guys are going to be occupying the same limited space, which isn’t really relevant or a concern with KAT and Lauri.

There are numerous reasons to not want to make a move for KAT. The offensive fit of our two best players being “bigs” isn’t a very strong one, though.
Eh even the example given was from decades ago.

This is a wing driven league nowadays.

Eh even the example given was from decades ago.

This is a wing driven league nowadays.

Can we give some technical reasoning why it’s an issue or why it wouldn’t work?

Okay, how about Tobias Harris and Embiid? Is that “not thriving”? If it isn’t, it’s more because Tobias isn’t that good. If Tobias was even better and scoring more, would that be a problem?

He about AD and Cousins? It’s not an example of the team thriving, but the reasons why they sucked had nothing to do with both of them being bigs.