What's new

If the Jazz were to lose in the first round to the Luka-less Mavs…

I don’t see why the Mavs will play any differently next game. We have no answer for our perimeter defense.
No need to adjust. Play the numbers. No team shoots 47% from three. Season averages are much lower with contested threes. Therefore, keeping leaving them uncontested and you should expect law of averages to bring them down into (contested) regular season numbers.

- Quinthink

No need to adjust. Play the numbers. No team shoots 47% from three. Season averages are much lower with contested threes. Therefore, keeping leaving them uncontested and you should expect law of averages to bring them down into (contested) regular season numbers.

- Quinthink
Jason Kidd is playing chess...Quin Snyder playing Candyland.

I do hope the entire team level up. I see here a lot of blame on Rudy ( can't shoot) or on Don ( no defense), but if the others important players were doing the job, issue will be different. Too easy to blame only 2 players when O Neal is ok 1game every 5 ( and suck the other), when Mike is playing at 30% of his real level like tonight, Whiteside have more day off than good days....it's a team problem ( + coaching issue) , not only Don and Rudy things.

It would be fascinating as all get out if Ainge didn't like our guys cause he didn't draft them, and traded both Gobert and Mitchell for all the draft picks he could possibly acquire.

The new young core being:
C - Udoka
PF - Juancho
SF - NAW
SG - House
PG - Butler

They would lose a ton of games but it'd be worth it when we drafted: Victor Wembanyama.

Sounds good. Count me in. (Jazz fan since mid 90s)

That being said... I think the Jazz roll back Donovan and Rudy one more year. Hopefully they switch out Conley and Royce. I'd love to keep Bogey, but maybe throw him to try and get something good back.
Cool Jazz fan since 1988. Running them both back is a mistake. Smith and Ainge will trade Rudy for sure. Conley is toast and Bojan can't play d

I think Mavs are the better team. I will be surprised "if" we win. They come out and play with pride and a sense of urgency, we come out and act like we just deserve to win. Our team has no pride, no leadership, and are too lazy to play hard defense or run the blender offense. As little effort as possible with this team.

One thing Quin may have been right about is that it isn’t a psychological issue. Its not really psychological if you’re incapable, and it’s pretty clear that this team is incapable. Quin incapable of making an adjustment, Rudy incapable of being in two places at once, and everyone else incapable of staying in front of a decent ball handler. When you say it’s a psychological failure it implies that the team is capable of more, but at this point I don’t think they are. It’s more so that they don’t have the ability to do better.

The FO isn’t clear of this either. They are completely incapable of identifying/addressing the issues at hand. It’s crazy to me that they couldn’t identify the defensive issues that this team has after being humiliated year after year, but that’s just reality. The FO isn’t good enough to identify the obvious flaws and Quin isn’t good enough to produce a different strategy. Asking them to change is like asking Rudy to start shooting 3’s.

It would be on the same level as game 6 against the clippers last year for sure. Pure embarrassment.

I don't see Dallas shooting like that again and Luka is about 70% right now. This sucks because we needed a sweep to prepare for a Phoenix series where a Quin Snyder team gets embarrassed on national TV again.
Why wouldn't they shoot wide open uncontested threes at that clip again?

It would be fascinating as all get out if Ainge didn't like our guys cause he didn't draft them, and traded both Gobert and Mitchell for all the draft picks he could possibly acquire.

The new young core being:
C - Udoka
PF - Juancho
SF - NAW
SG - House
PG - Butler

They would lose a ton of games but it'd be worth it when we drafted: Victor Wembanyama.

I honestly think he’s the next Durant/Giannis. He may not be guardable and you just have to hope he’s having a bad night.

We were 8-7 without Mitchell, including victories over some playoff teams.
When are people going to realize there is a difference between the playoffs and regular season?

For example - During the regular season, we are the "#1 offense in the league". We clearly don't have the best offense in the playoffs.

So, you're saying there's no reason to think we can't win without Donovan?
Have you watched our playoff games the last 4-5 years? Conley gets nullified. Bojan can only post up but can't do that because Rudy's guy can help. Who else is going to create offense? Royce? Rudy? Don has to be superman for us to have a chance.

Do you want to know what our regular season record is without Conley since he came to Utah? 38-18. And don't forget that outside of the Memphis series last year when we were the #1 seed and they were the #8, we have a better playoff record without Conley than we do with. But note that the only game we lost that series was the one that Donovan missed.

Rudy and Don shouldn't be attacked by fans. The Mike Conley trade should.

Jason Kidd is playing chess...Quin Snyder playing Candyland.
The sad thing is I’m pretty sure they’re both playing Candyland but Kidd has realized this after his previous coaching situations and accepts help while Quinn does not and thinks he’s playing chess as a grandmaster.

Have you watched our playoff games the last 4-5 years?
We've only played 1 playoff game without Mitchell, which is a pretty small sample size.

Conley gets nullified. Bojan can only post up but can't do that because Rudy's guy can help. Who else is going to create offense? Royce? Rudy? Don has to be superman for us to have a chance.
If we are going to go off of narrative, I could make an argument we can't with without Royce.

More importantly, UtahJazz32 is again making the argument that Mitchell matters more than Gobert (without stating this directly, see post #25), which is not true. We don't win without either player.

Rudy and Don shouldn't be attacked by fans. The Mike Conley trade should.
Possibly.

We've only played 1 playoff game without Mitchell, which is a pretty small sample size.

If we are going to go off of narrative, I could make an argument we can't with without Royce.

More importantly, UtahJazz32 is again making the argument that Mitchell matters more than Gobert (without stating this directly, see post #25), which is not true. We don't win without either player.

Possibly.
Royce is garbage and would be an end of the rotation player for every other playoff team