What's new

IF we lose this series…

Ineptimusprime

What happens during the offseason? Predictions, please.

My guess is that we would look at our regular season success and would largely run it back to the frustration of many.

Anything short of the conference finals is a failed season. Even the ‘15 Hawks made the conference finals.

Last edited:
They need a wing that can at minimum guard, at maximum guard, drive, and hit an occasional 3. Not someone great, but signing favs instead of a longer defensive wing was the wrong call if that was at all possible.

My expectation would be that the FO tries to shed salary potentially moving someone like Bojan for who or what I don't know but for the most part more of the same. Find cheap deals in hopes someone becomes a rotational player.

But part of me thinks with this being Ryan Smith's first full offseason as owner I would not be surprised if we see major shake ups within the organization happened from the top down. And IMO that might not be the worst of things.

The Jazz, if they don't win this series as the top seed, they'll be the first WC team since the Thunder in 2013 to not make at least the Conference Finals. That's no bueno, especially on the heels of last year's collapse.

We cannot lose this series.

Resign Conley only if this happens:

Conley + Ingles + Picks for Lillard and Covington.

Problems solved.

I'm not ready to make predictions yet. I jumped the gun some last night in the heat of the moment. No need to go there until we see what game 5 looks like. Game 5 will tell us all we need to know about the character of this team.

I will say - we should have never left Crowder go. That was such a huge mistake. Massive mistake. We have been needing a guy like him since we let him go. I firmly believe we beat Denver last year if our team had Crowder (even if instead of the 5 games of Conley). This year, we desperately need a Crowder type guy. If we would have found a way to keep Crowder and use Favors in the Conley deal....

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm not ready to make predictions yet. I jumped the gun some last night in the heat of the moment. No need to go there until we see what game 5 looks like. Game 5 will tell us all we need to know about the character of this team.

I will say - we should have never left Crowder go. That was such a huge mistake. Massive mistake. We have been needing a guy like him since we let him go. I firmly believe we beat Denver last year if our team had Crowder (even if instead of the 5 games of Conley). This year, we desperately need a Crowder type guy. If we would have found a way to keep Crowder and use Favors in the Conley deal....

Yes crowder has been money all playoffs. We miss his toughness desperately. I’d trade Vogue for him in a heartbeat

Yes crowder has been money all playoffs. We miss his toughness desperately. I’d trade Vogue for him in a heartbeat
He's just a guy who helps you win. He's no star, but he is a big reason why Miami gutted it out to the Finals last year and why Phoenix has looked so good this year. He brings an energy and toughness that the playoff grind requires.

Nothing... We desperately needed a defensive wing and toughness last season and stood pat so I have no reason to believe we'd try this year if we didn't last year. You and I as fans were calling this weakness yet our FO seems oblivious. I like Dok but he didn't help this team one ounce.

Nothing... We desperately needed a defensive wing and toughness last season and stood pat so I have no reason to believe we'd try this year if we didn't last year. You and I as fans were calling this weakness yet our FO seems oblivious. I like Dok but he didn't help this team one ounce.
I hope we move on from DL in some form or fashion. He’s ****ed up the details too many times.

We sign Exum... draft a center who can’t shoot... pick some unknown dude in the second round while passing on the guy that fell inexplicably... even though we were very high on that guy and he will turn out really well no one will challenge DL on it.

This thread when the Jazz are tied 2-2?

@nateboz was talking nonsense about how weak players are nowadays. **** you want to see weak, look at some of you! You're all people who made an account on jazzfanz.com, the world's best jazz fan message board. WTF are you doing here if you're jumping ship in a series where the Jazz are tied 2-2?

Obviously you either didn't go through the early 90's as a Jazz fan or you just straight up forgot. Being a Jazz fan ain't easy. So if you want being a fan to be easy then go sign up on some Lakers message board, then on the Patriots message board then the NY Yankees message board. You're not gonna get a championship every year, but you'll never have to wait long and when things are even kind of good you'll be able to tune into ESPN and hear all about your marvelous team.

So if that's what you want GTFO and go get what you want you instant gratification, no guts, no commitment, no confidence, nothingfans.

Stop polluting this fantastic fan message board with your anxiety laden tripe. The Jazz are tied 2-2 with a team that was projected to be a WCF guarantee .

Those boys have to come back up the hill to our house, where the seats are full and the air is thin. If you're jumping off the bus right now don't bother getting back on after game 5. Go find another team.

In DLs quest to be right we bring back Oni, Thomas, Niang and punt on bringing in multiple established vets that go for the minimum because we’d rather get the brownie points of developing a guy that one day could be as good as those established vets. Let cakkkks bakkkk and ****.

Jazz need another PG for sure. Ideally someone who can penetrate, but simply being able to dribble and get a team into an offense will suffice since the guy will likely be a non-rotation player unless injuries happen.

Maybe that guy can be Forrest. I do believe in him if he learns to at least be respectable from 3.

We’ll try to keep Conley. And we’ll dump assets to do it. Then, we’ll run it back with what’s left.

This thread when the Jazz are tied 2-2?

@nateboz was talking nonsense about how weak players are nowadays. **** you want to see weak, look at some of you! You're all people who made an account on jazzfanz.com, the world's best jazz fan message board. WTF are you doing here if you're jumping ship in a series where the Jazz are tied 2-2?

Obviously you either didn't go through the early 90's as a Jazz fan or you just straight up forgot. Being a Jazz fan ain't easy. So if you want being a fan to be easy then go sign up on some Lakers message board, then on the Patriots message board then the NY Yankees message board. You're not gonna get a championship every year, but you'll never have to wait long and when things are even kind of good you'll be able to tune into ESPN and hear all about your marvelous team.

So if that's what you want GTFO and go get what you want you instant gratification, no guts, no commitment, no confidence, nothingfans.

Stop polluting this fantastic fan message board with your anxiety laden tripe. The Jazz are tied 2-2 with a team that was projected to be a WCF guarantee .

Those boys have to come back up the hill to our house, where the seats are full and the air is thin. If you're jumping off the bus right now don't bother getting back on after game 5. Go find another team.
I'm sorry, but with the effort they showed in the 1st quarter last game I dont blame anyone for thinking it's over. They looked like a team defeated.

I dont think there is a vet minimum guy out there that moves the bar. The Jazz prioritized off the bench scoring and a back up center last year rather then going for wing defenders. I don't think they could have done both and gotten rotation or impact players. The choice they made works well against some teams but creates real match up issues against the Clips. Everything has tradeoffs. If we lose this series, it will be clear that they took the wrong path.

I'm sorry, but with the effort they showed in the 1st quarter last game I dont blame anyone for thinking it's over. They looked like a team defeated.
Should a post a link for singing up for the Laker's fan club? Since so many here aren't capable of putting any effort or any heart into a thing?

Our team took a hard punch after these last couple games. If that means you're abandoning their corner then leave.

The Clippers need to come into our house and win. If they do that fine. They were always supposed to win. They're the big market team where big name stars decided to join forces. But our team isn't finished yet. Our team was always going to have to overcome obstacles in this series. It was never going to be easy.

But for those that quit this team before the Clippers actually come here and take one on our floor... You're weak.