What's new

IF we lose this series…

We don’t know that for sure.

In the case we do have to shed someone I will take Conley over Ingles/Clarkson/Favors without hesitation.

It also depends on how much Conley re-signs for if he does.
Sure. Jazz are basically hosed moving forward no matter what, so this casual attitude that everything is fine is ****ing me up.

And teams that crash and burn in a small market are not candidates for all-time roster spending. It runs counter to any level of reason or history. Billionaires don't become billionaires because they're bad with money.

Sure. Jazz are basically hosed moving forward no matter what, so this casual attitude that everything is fine is ****ing me up.

And teams that crash and burn in a small market are not candidates for all-time roster spending. It runs counter to any level of reason or history. Billionaires don't become billionaires because they're bad with money.

Not sure who is acting like everything is fine but Rudy demanding a 5-year 205M contract didn’t help anything. Overpaying Favors and Clarkson didn’t either.

If we lose it we will have a valid excuses in Conley's and Mitchell's injuries. So I don't see any earthquake coming and much of a difference in approach if we lose now or in eg. conference finals.

Not sure who is acting like everything is fine but Rudy demanding a 5-year 205M contract didn’t help anything. Overpaying Favors and Clarkson didn’t either.
Ok, but that's done. The idea that the Jazz are just going to spend at historic levels in perpetuity is a fantasy. Pure fantasy.

But sure, keep Conley if only to retain the asset and retain the option of which thing to dump later. If possible.

Sorry, what the **** games have you been watching? The Jazz needed a god-mode Mitchell at home in games 1 and 2 to eek out wins, and got ****ing embarrassed in the last two games.

I don't understand the arrogance of some people around here because that's exactly what it is. This Jazz team has to maximize every detail to be as good as they have been and the Clippers can give half-effort and find their way in the finals. It's just reality.

It is bad, dude. Clippers win tomorrow and the series is over.
Arrogance? Where in any of my posts did I show arrogance. I never said a jazz win was in the bag, just that it wasn’t all doom and gloom, and we shouldn’t jump off the proverbial cliff that’s all.

who is the best home team in the league? The jazz. The jazz didn’t play well on the road vs the Clippers. The jazz got blind sided in game three with adjustments the Clippers made and how aggressive their defense became. They won’t keep that up and the jazz will adjust. They have the talent to win. Coming home will make a lot right for the jazz. We are still the better team. Does that make me arrogant? Fine, I’m an arrogant ****er, I don’t want to be anything else.

Arrogance? Where in any of my posts did I show arrogance. I never said a jazz win was in the bag, just that it wasn’t all doom and gloom, and we shouldn’t jump off the proverbial cliff that’s all.

who is the best home team in the league? The jazz. The jazz didn’t play well on the road vs the Clippers. The jazz got blind sided in game three with adjustments the Clippers made and how aggressive their defense became. They won’t keep that up and the jazz will adjust. They have the talent to win. Coming home will make a lot right for the jazz. We are still the better team. Does that make me arrogant? Fine, I’m an arrogant ****er, I don’t want to be anything else.
The mentality of "Nah... it’s not that bad, we can beat them at home" is arrogance, or at the very least ignorance.

Love you dude but we're at the cliff. Just because some people refuse to look over the edge doesn't change that.

Signing Favors and drafting Dok is still one of the more puzzling things I've ever seen the Jazz do. Making one of those moves is completely understandable but adding both of them to the roster instead of a wing defender just makes absolutely no sense. Still not sure what DL and Zanik were thinking.

Because in our crystal ball we should have known he would get hurt?
What?

Injuries are part of the game. If you draft or trade for a player, whether they play or not is part of the evaluation of the trade or pick. Greg Oden ended up being a bad pick because he didn't live up to the asset of a #1 pick. It's too bad it was due to injuries, but if he's hurt or just sucks, it all factors into the final evaluation of a trade.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Because in our crystal ball we should have known he would get hurt?
Uhh. Are you referring to Mike Conley, the dude who has missed 1/3 of his possible games with the Jazz with some variation of the same injury every time? And the dude who is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year?

I'm not going to go LoPo and say the trade was a failure or whatever but the Jazz absolutely should've been building depth at the 1. Building any depth for a roster that's capped out with 30-something dudes generally should be doing that when their two-man core are in their 20's.

Signing Favors and drafting Dok is still one of the more puzzling things I've ever seen the Jazz do. Making one of those moves is completely understandable but adding both of them to the roster instead of a wing defender just makes absolutely no sense. Still not sure what DL and Zanik were thinking.
Drafting Udoka was the bigger problem... literally decided to make the same mistake on draft night that we used second rounders to clean up. Imagine having Desmond Bane instead (called it on draft night... not hindsight).

Or imagine telling Favs we'd love to have you... but full MLE puts us in the tax this year and that's an issue for repeater tax stuff... How about we bring you in at $8M... is that enough? If he says no then you bounce to another option.

And while Favs was helpful we still have the same problem... the backup center minutes are killing us and we have no changeup (stretch 5).

Love you dude but we're at the cliff. Just because some people refuse to look over the edge doesn't change that.
Well dude, we play much better at home, and we aren’t at the cliff till we lose at home, only then are we at the cliff. It’s 2-2 we have home court. It’s not peachy keen or anything but we got lotta more to go before I, IMO says it’s over jump!!

Let's keep with the analogy.

If you decide to just be wowed by the scenery and don't acknowledge you're about to walk off a cliff, bad things happen.
I am. Full storry hasn’t been told, game 5 at home will reveal the plot, so at this moment life isn’t in the pits yet where I say bye bye cruel world!!

He's just a guy who helps you win. He's no star, but he is a big reason why Miami gutted it out to the Finals last year and why Phoenix has looked so good this year. He brings an energy and toughness that the playoff grind requires.

thats the thing about crowder....he doesn't have the metrics, but he is a career winner. every team that adds crowder becomes BETTER.

Not the ****ing Jae Crowder talk again my god. He’s not good.
He's exactly what this team needs right now. People are clamoring for Craig, Tucker and others. He's better than all of them.

We should have kept him on his miniscule contract, traded Favors to Memphis instead of dumping him to NOLA for scraps. We could have probably tinkered with the numbers enough to still sign Bogey.

Like HH always says - our front office screws up along the edges. We should have burned 2nds to Memphis in order to keep Jae and use Favors instead.