What's new

If you could make sure that -one- player didn't get drafted by the Jazz @#5

Which player do you NOT want the Jazz to draft?

• Total voters
I think some of the crazed Vonleh supporters are voting against Gordon, while the Gordon supporters are being reasonable and voting down Randle like everyone else.

I think some of the crazed Vonleh supporters are voting against Gordon, while the Gordon supporters are being reasonable and voting down Randle like everyone else.

FWIW, I voted Randle.

BTW, this is a public poll. Just click on one of the vote totals and it will show you who voted for each player.

Randle.

staples-easy-button.png

This.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

I'm surprised to see McBuckets get some votes here.

If I were drafting between Randle and McBuckets, Id probably go with Mcbuckets.

The dude can shoot lights out. At worst, he's the Red Rocket and will burn the Jazz for 30 pts every single time you play. At best? He's Chandler Parsons. Most likely, he's something like Matt Harpring. I'll take someone who can shoot the ball at the elite level over Randle, who does nothing very well other than shoot left handed hooks.

For me, McBuckets fits a role that we are in dire need of... Someone who can step in and rip the nets from 3.

Danny Green, Chandler, Korver, will never win any awards for his athleticism. But man, is their shooting sweet! You can find a player like Randle anywhere and everywhere. Elite shooting is at a premium in the nba today.

If we were drafting again in the lotto, wouldn't you look at Mcbuckets? Imagine how he would open things up for Hayward, kanter, and favors

I went with Randle. I considered Gordon but realize he will at least play decent defense in the NBA - Randle is not going to be a good defender in the NBA.

The dude can shoot lights out. At worst, he's the Red Rocket and will burn the Jazz for 30 pts every single time you play. At best? He's Chandler Parsons. Most likely, he's something like Matt Harpring. I'll take someone who can shoot the ball at the elite level over Randle, who does nothing very well other than shoot left handed hooks.

For me, McBuckets fits a role that we are in dire need of... Someone who can step in and rip the nets from 3.

Danny Green, Chandler, Korver, will never win any awards for his athleticism. But man, is their shooting sweet! You can find a player like Randle anywhere and everywhere. Elite shooting is at a premium in the nba today.

If we were drafting again in the lotto, wouldn't you look at Mcbuckets? Imagine how he would open things up for Hayward, kanter, and favors

That's kind of how I see it. At worse I think he is Korver on a super cheap contract for 4 years. That money we save from paying a dedicated 3 point threat on the open market can be reinvested on keeping our own guys or going after a big free agent (not sure who).

I'm looking at it in the perspective of the #5 pick. Mostly because some mock drafts have had the Jazz taking Mcdermott or Saric. If it's later in the lottery then they would be an obvious choice to select.

It's gonna be so much fun looking back at this when Randle tears up the League.

Smart's my pick.

I agree.

I think Randle will definitely be better than people are giving him credit for. I'd definitely take him over Vonleh. I just don't want another power forward which is why I don't want to draft Randle.

I do think that this board has soured on him because you have pumped him up a lot. I think you will be vindicated Hotttnickkk. Randle will be a good player. It's gonna be funny when that happens.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that he is only a freshman and nitpicking at him way too much.

I think Randle will be good (I think most do too), we just don't think he has the same upside as other options, and he's not a position of need which makes him less exciting.

I could see him putting up 13/8 as a rookie, and eventually becoming a 17/10 guy.

@WojYahooNBA: Yahoo Sources: Kentucky forward Julius Randle will likely need foot surgery after NBA Draft, miss two months. https://t.co/2UHGKLqrEm

Oof.

Wonder how far he'll drop. Sixers could pick him up at #10. Get wiggins and him = scary.

I'd not be surprised if there is a plot going on to decrease the stock of Randle. The only thing pretty much that pushes me away from a Randle pick is his mentality being really alike to what Enes Kanter was in the beginning of his NBA career. He doesn't play with the team when he is inside. I don't like it. He has the time to get to that, but I think it will take time. But players not knowing how to play team basketball is not a major problem to me. Especially when they are so young and so talented. The most important thing is who you pick as your coach. I absolutely love watching the Spurs and I don't see why any other team and its coach would not want to apply this quality team basketball, ball movement to their team. Now they say that Snyder is a man of pick and roll. I'm sold to that since the Jazz have really promising p&r p&p players in front, but is that only what the game is about? The Jazz need a mentality changer. Pretty much a Pop.

I love Julius Randle as a player, but just not at #5.

If the Jazz take Aaron Gordon to play the 3 and then found a way to trade up for Randle, I'd be perfectly happy with that. I can see him being a beast off the bench as a rookie.

I love Julius Randle as a player, but just not at #5.

If the Jazz take Aaron Gordon to play the 3 and then found a way to trade up for Randle, I'd be perfectly happy with that. I can see him being a beast off the bench as a rookie.

If we could find a way to draft again in the top 10 I would rather have Smart.

Gordon + Smart would be a nice infusion into our lackadaisical team.