What's new

I'm Done with the NBA

Joe Bagadonuts

I'm surprised to find that as the NBA returns I no longer care about it. I wonder if others are experiencing anything similar. Maybe it's just that life is so busy right now that I can't fit it in, but I think I'm finished for good.

I'm surprised to find that as the NBA returns I no longer care about it. I wonder if others are experiencing anything similar. Maybe it's just that life is so busy right now that I can't fit it in, but I think I'm finished for good.

I'm not "done" with the NBA, though I am definitely finding myself less energetic about watching basketball than what I expected. I still love basketball. It's my favorite sport to play. I just don't think the Jazz will ever really be contenders again so that kills my excitement. I don't like being 'all-in' because it just ends up in pain.

Also, the 10 minute full game highlight videos that are available on YouTube 5 minutes after the game finishes really diminishes the need to watch the game live. I save 2 hours of my time and can watch every basket made.

I wish I were done. I tried smoking a whole pack of NBA on Saturday and it kinda worked. But not totally.

If the jazz basically decide to run it back next year, then I can safely guarantee my viewership will drop over 50%.

Also I’d place the odds of running it back at about 95%

Coming from a pessimistic attitude I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Think the NBA has done things better than other leagues. A downside is that I remember that the Houston Rockets is a franchise that still exists and James Harden is the absolute worst.

Last edited:
I get the feeling of wanting to be done. I went to playoff games while the Jazz were playing the Salt Palace and have been hooked ever since but now I am in limbo. I have been a huge Jazz fan for so many years including living in Houston and Chicago while they were winning championships and the Rockets were eliminating us from the playoffs. Now the political stand the players and the NBA have taken are very troubling for me. I am fine with them taking a stand but the hypocrisy on where they take a stand and the lack of substance on some of what they are promoting makes me want to walk away. After years of being a season ticket holder I am considering asking for a refund. A person can be passionate about racial equality and not support what the NBA is doing. You add to that that our offense without Bogy looks like the Rockets and it has me wondering if I ever want to watch another game.

Can't do it. When the Jazz aren't good I don't make every game appointment viewing throughout the season. And I could see myself becoming a bit more apathetic about just the Jazz in general.

But the league in general is just too good, with more amazing players joining every year. I can't quit it.

I'm just as committed as I ever was, and until St. Louis gets another NBA team, I will be a jazz loyalist.

Tough times burn us out. Good news is you don’t usually die and things go better at some point. Same with this imo. Loss, bad basketball, little enthusiasm with no crowd games that feel like scrimmages, I get why someone can be disappointed. I suggest keeping expectations at much lower levels until or if Covid-19 days end.

My only problem with the Jazz is that they sometimes show up and just go through the game in a lethargic manner as if they don't care. I can handle them losing, I can't tolerate them not trying.

I've been happy having games to watch again. Love the highs (1st game ending), live through the lows (2nd game). I will not be giving up the NBA and the Jazz. It is the only sport I watch consistently.

With Bogdanovic out and with Conley leaving soon for the birth of his child, I feel as though the Jazz may be going through the motions a bit.

You're definitely not the only one. My good friend is the same way and for myself I turned the last game off in the 2nd quarter and may do the same tonight.

I think after watching years of Jazz basketball where even the bad teams gave it their all, this year's team is one of the softest, uninterested teams that I can remember

Honestly, it doesn’t matter until we get a series anyway. I’d rather play Denver than Houston. Hell, even OKC has eaten our lunch this year.

Same here, and this is from somebody who nearly had the neighbor call the cops to report a domestic disturbance (from all the yelling) at my house during the series against the Thunder a couple years ago.

Now, there is just no fire..

You're definitely not the only one. My good friend is the same way and for myself I turned the last game off in the 2nd quarter and may do the same tonight.

I think after watching years of Jazz basketball where even the bad teams gave it their all, this year's team is one of the softest, uninterested teams that I can remember

I love this roster but the 4 month break and this clown show restart hasn't got me excited.

This team and season, despite being in a solid playoff position, has just disappointed. It all started snowballing when Gobert complained about touches a couple weeks into the season. The season just took on a weird vibe from that point. Conley has disappointed. Effort is often lacking. Just hasn't been Jazz basketball.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

the nba had already ruined a once great product with abusive one sided 3pt shoot outs every night and now after this plan-demic bullcrap fans are forced to watch this garbage while the ruling elite enrich themselves .

I just found this thread but I mentioned the same sentiment in the lakers game thread.
I just watched a video on Instagram where it showed the factory that makes the nba jerseys. It's a sweat shop in China, where the workers make $1.50 a day. How ironic that the real slaves of today are making jerseys for millionaires that mock them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk