What's new

I'm Done with the NBA

Whoever wins the "championship" will be less legitimate than the '99 Spurs. They might as well get a "You're Winner!" trophy. Watch us get "home court" in the first round for the first time since 2001 only to have it NOT be home court...

I'm going to say it again, should have just canned the 19-20 season.

I’m definitely losing interest in basketball but really sports in general are becoming less a part of my life. I thought it was just me getting older, but I just can’t relate to any of the athletes at all. I’ll probably still watch some college sports but I think I’m all-but-done with pro sports.
I’ve wondered what the consensus was among others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found this thread but I mentioned the same sentiment in the lakers game thread.
I just watched a video on Instagram where it showed the factory that makes the nba jerseys. It's a sweat shop in China, where the workers make $1.50 a day. How ironic that the real slaves of today are making jerseys for millionaires that mock them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That's too rich.:D And how about the double standard with the way fouls etc. are called for superstars as opposed to everyone else? Where's the social justice in that?

Stopping the season for months and then continuing it has me feeling 'meh'. It's just not the same and I'm not excited as they play in the Biodome.

I also watched a decent amount of 1980s and 1990s basketball during the break (ESPN was showing it as there were no live sports on TV) and I prefer basketball of that era than to what it is now.

It took about 3 days before I realized how unessential these athletes are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk