What's new

Ines Sainz Controversy & female reporters in men's locker room

This attractive female reporter has been all over the media since the treatment she received in the New York Jets locker room after practice Saturday. Thoughts? . . . . opinions? . . . Is there a problem with female reporters being INSIDE the locker room? Per the yahoo link, Clintin Portis clearly thinks its a problem.

Here are a few related links . . .

https://capstonereport.com/2010/09/13/a-hot-woman-in-the-locker-room/8643/

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...Wont-File-Charges-Against-Jets-102818149.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/s...ent-draws-cultural-moral-lines?urn=nfl-269542

2 things...

First and foremost, why do we need reporters in the locker room? Why can't everyone wait until the players have cleaned up and dressed and then have an interview room where interviews can be conducted? That or do interviews before players enter the locker room. The whole idea that a reporter, male or female, needs to have access to the team while they are in the locker room seems a bit weird.

Secondly, I've seen pictures of this woman roaming the sidelines with her press pass and she is far from what I would call professional.

ept_sports_nfl_experts-826937114-1284475904.jpg

gal_ines-sainz_twitter_3_new.jpg

ines-sainz3.jpg

ines-sainz-superbowl1-450x540.jpg

Ines%20Sainz%20MxFutbol%20(20).jpg

Really, is this the way she is dressing while in the locker room? She wants to be treated with respect then she needs to dress appropriately for the job. Don't get me wrong, that is one fine woman and I like looking at her in some of the outfits she wears but there is a time and a place. It doesn't excuse boorish behaviour by the players but it doesn't help that she is egging it on.

Just to play devil's advocate, what are the chances male reporters would be allowed in a room full of nude female athletes (I know, I know, that's gross)?

First and foremost, why do we need reporters in the locker room? Why can't everyone wait until the players have cleaned up and dressed and then have an interview room where interviews can be conducted? That or do interviews before players enter the locker room. The whole idea that a reporter, male or female, needs to have access to the team while they are in the locker room seems a bit weird.

That's a fine point because it equally applies a baseline rule to everyone.

Secondly, I've seen pictures of this woman roaming the sidelines with her press pass and she is far from what I would call professional.

Ah...the old "she was asking for it" defense. Keep it classy Marcus.

Just to play devil's advocate, what are the chances male reporters would be allowed in a room full of nude female athletes (I know, I know, that's gross)?

This was an issue when the Starzz started playing here. The NBA required the Jazz to have their locker room open after a time (20 minutes?) after a game ended, but did not require the Starzz to do the same thing. This was a mild topic of discussion until the reporters realized that seeing Margo Dydek naked cannot be unseen.

If a whore walked into your room while you were naked how would you react?

The players "called out to her"? Big ****ing deal. A chick dressed as a whore walked into a room filled with naked football players.

I like how you omit the full quote. Here's the full quote for context.

Secondly, I've seen pictures of this woman roaming the sidelines with her press pass and she is far from what I would call professional. Really, is this the way she is dressing while in the locker room? She wants to be treated with respect then she needs to dress appropriately for the job. Don't get me wrong, that is one fine woman and I like looking at her in some of the outfits she wears but there is a time and a place. It doesn't excuse boorish behaviour by the players but it doesn't help that she is egging it on.

Keep it honest Kicky.

The players "called out to her"? Big ****ing deal. A chick dressed as a whore walked into a room filled with naked football players.

Kicky? He'd probably turn beet red and dive under the covers to hide.

This was an issue when the Starzz started playing here. The NBA required the Jazz to have their locker room open after a time (20 minutes?) after a game ended, but did not require the Starzz to do the same thing. This was a mild topic of discussion until the reporters realized that seeing Margo Dydek naked cannot be unseen.

But the issue here wasn't one of reporters of different genders being treated differently. The NBA didn't require the Starzz to open their locker room to any reporters regardless of gender. That's a fair policy and the debate goes to whether or not reporters should be in the locker rooms at all.

I'm not a journalist. I have no idea what the marginal value is of going into the locker room early vs. waiting for the athletes. Similarly I don't know what the marginal utility is to the team from a PR perspective of allowing journalists in. I do know that the journalists don't have some inalienable right to be in there, but I'm sure they feel differently.

But...she sorta was asking for it. They whistled at her and made "inappropriate" comments. They didn't rape her. Hell, they didn't even touch her. Seems to me the coach who threw footballs at her is the only one (absent further details) who deserves any punishment.

I'd probably make sure I knew where my wallet was.

I like how you omit the full quote. Here's the full quote for context.

Keep it honest Kicky.

Your argument, at its core, is that she is at least partially responsible because of how she dressed. I didn't selectively edit your quote, I took a standalone piece of text that was a freestanding sentence. You have selectively edited by omitting all the pictures you used to break up the section I quoted from the rest and then pretending it was all a single paragraph. That is dishonest editing on your part.

Even in the context you have chosen to present you have 5 sentences, four and a half of which criticize how she dresses and half of which says the Jets shouldn't have been jerks. That is, in substance, making the "she was asking for it" argument because the implication is that if she didn't want to be treated that way she would dress differently. So my "keep it classy" comment is completely justified.

Female sports reporters are damned if they do and damned if they don't on this issue. The largely male viewership doesn't like them unless they dress provocatively so they have to do it so that the largely male network executives will hire them for the job. When something like this happens, suddenly they're demonized for trading on their looks even though it was a de facto job requirement. Put simply, if John Madden was a Jane you'd never have heard of her.

This is an issue that rears its ugly head every time a female reporter is subject to some level of sexual harrassment, including some bloggers and reporters who regarded Erin Andrews as "asking for it" when the peephole incident happened because she'd been trading on her looks.

Its disgusting, it's a double standard, and regardless of what qualifiers you put in that's the argument you made. You can't deny it.

Last edited:
Your argument, at its core, is that she is at least partially responsible because of how she dressed.

This is correct. Tell me I'm classless all you want but it doesn't make it any less true. Again, it doesn't excuse the players behaviour, but it's true.

Personally I think she is hot, especially from the back. However, that is a separate issue. In this "immediate gratification" society full of catchphrases like "transparency" people seem to think they deserve more access than they actually do. We don't need reporters in a locker room. Why even have a media room? Can't we let people clean up and relax for a few minutes then once dressed gather to meet reporters in the media room? We might have to wait until after commercials (heaven forbid) for the first few to arrive, but we can still hear what they have to say.

Last edited:
This is correct. Tell me I'm classless all you want but it doesn't make it any less true. Again, it doesn't excuse the players behaviour, but it's true.

Marcus, this issue is more complex than you make it. Once again.

I'm staying out of this one. Kicky's pragmatic legal perspective is enough of a mountain for you to climb. I don't need to throw Feminist or Gender theories at you.

If you can't take the heat, get out.

One coach intentionally threw footballs at her -- so players could get a close look at the stunning reporter for TV Azteca of Mexico.

I personally think this is funny. If anyone is blame on this one, it's Corona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCxvSIlCQo

There is definitely a lot of paradox in this situation. No doubt about that. But that is precisely why it is retarded to come down hard on one side or the other.

She knows what she's doing when she dresses that way and then proceeds to walk into a room full of guys (forget athletes...the same would have applied if she walked into a room with 53 farmers or 53 bus drivers or 53 orange harvesters).

Also when one takes into account a players ego and how that effects this issue, after all how is Sanchez supposed to feel when he's not the prettiest one in the locker room.

I'm sure it could adversely affect his hot dog eating.