What's new

Innovations in toilet technology

I really don't think you understand how washing works.
You spray bidet water on your butt, then wipe with a towel, then wash your hands with soap and dry with a towel?

What part am I missing? That's what you said we could do.

You spray bidet water on your butt, then wipe with a towel, then wash your hands with soap and dry with a towel?

If you're so worried about potential disease, you use soap with the bidet, as well. I mean, it's right next to you and it's liquid. Or use a different towel. Or one of many, many other things you could do, infinitely cleaner and less likely to spread disease than using toilet paper.

I mean, how in the **** does TP remove any bacteria from your ***?

If you're so worried about potential disease, you use soap with the bidet, as well. I mean, it's right next to you and it's liquid. Or use a different towel. Or one of many, many other things you could do, infinitely cleaner and less likely to spread disease than using toilet paper.

I mean, how in the **** does TP remove any bacteria from your ***?
Well, see there is bacteria on your ***. There's a difference between it being there and being on your ****ing hand towel.

Well, see there is bacteria on your ***. There's a difference between it being there and being on your ****ing hand towel.

You don't think bacteria travels from your *** to other parts of your body when you wipe with toilet paper?

And again, if you're that concerned, just use soap.

You could have a specific towel for the bidet, but if you use a bidet properly, there's no need. You could use the same towel you use for your hands.
So your hand towel gets to pick up more *** germs directly from the source rather than just the few left over from a good hand washing? So then everyone gets to rub them on their clean hands when they wash their hands? No thank you.

What? Does anyone here actually think washing your hands completely eliminates all possible germs? Even proper washing with good soap and warm water eliminates about 99% of the fecal bacteria you pick up every time you touch anywhere near your crotch. It's obviously a damn site better than not, but those bastards are everywhere. And using the same towel for your ***, which you did not wash properly with good soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, will only compound the problem.

You keep your poop-towel, and I will gladly keep my hand and *** separated by at least 1 degree with a healthy pad of TP.

Problem solved

images

You don't think bacteria travels from your *** to other parts of your body when you wipe with toilet paper?

And again, if you're that concerned, just use soap.
The fact of the matter is you are constantly covered with *** bacteria from about your mid-thigh to your belly button. It's the nature of the beast. All the cleaning and sanitizing in the world can't prevent this. Touch your penis with one finger while peeing and you pick up fecal bacteria on that finger. This is a proven and known fact. Wiping that area with a damp towel will only add more bacteria to a wonderful environment for them to reproduce and spread. Even if you use soap as soon as you touch within an inch of the actual pucker you picked up new bacteria seeping out. It's just the way it works. Keep your *** and your hands as far apart as possible then wash your hands and use a non-pooped towel, that is your best bet.

Your hands are probably dirtier than your ***.

And way more likely to touch your face and/or food. Unless you're a contortionist.

To be fair, a bidet is better than paper alone, that's proven. But you need to either use a single use towel (lots of extra laundry) or TP to finish off, and indeed wash your hands very well. And the difference in hygiene between using TP or a wipe, and a bidet, are really minimal as long as you use them all correctly.

I just installed a bidet and am loving it. Took about 20 mins to install. Faster, cleaner, and easier. Saving me in toilet paper. Should’ve bought one years ago.

The kind that just hooks on to your existing toilet? Seriously considering it.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

this is the one I got.

Amazon product ASIN B078YD7RQN
there are a lot of different types. The ones that offer warm water either need a hot water tap or an outlet nearby. I don’t have either nor did I want to have a bunch of cords sticking out all over the place. So I went with this one. Took about 20-30 mins to install and I’m not exactly a handyman. Just take off your toilet seat. Align everything. Put everything on. And enjoy.

it takes about 20-30 seconds to clean. The cold water isn’t a bother at all. Thought it might be weird. It’s not. And then you use a few squares to dry off. It definitely feels more hygienic. It’s much faster than wiping. And the toilet paper we’re saving is incredible. Which is what prompted me to look for one. Who the hell knows when toilet paper will be available again?

I only got one just to try out. But will definitely buy another for the other toilet. I’d never got back to wiping. Should’ve bought this a long time ago. Why is America so backward? When I read about these, I read that most industrialized countries use bidets. Why don’t we?