What's new

Instead of arguing about the Jazz, let's argue about this.

You'd just fumble and panic then, perhaps even poop your pants. Best not to think about it really. I've spent way too much time considering your limitations....
Pooping your pants on the court may be a good strategy. May get you wide open. Eat some bean burritos before the game.

Edit: evidently didn't work well for Rodney Hood.

Pooping your pants on the court may be a good strategy. May get you wide open. Eat some bean burritos before the game.

Edit: evidently didn't work well for Rodney Hood.
He never tried it on the court. We'll never know.

this is like the arguement of could a 10 handicap golfer break 100 on a championship course set up for the US Open where the pros struggle to make par. In golf the difference between a touring pro and a scratch golfer is about the same as that between a scratch golfer and a 10 handicapper. i'd guess it's somewhere similar in basketball terms

this is like the arguement of could a 10 handicap golfer break 100 on a championship course set up for the US Open where the pros struggle to make par. In golf the difference between a touring pro and a scratch golfer is about the same as that between a scratch golfer and a 10 handicapper. i'd guess it's somewhere similar in basketball terms
I have zero idea what this means.

nah it's just the difference between a high level amateur and a high level pro is absolutely mammoth and that really good amateur sportspeople who fancy themselves being slightly competitive against top pros would get a rude shock

If they let me spot up in the corner for the 3 and no one guarded me i could score 20 ppg easy. Now, as soon as you bring defense into the mix, well the best I'd do would probably be, you know, 18 ppg.

:cool:

I also played college until an injury derailed me. I could score and provided volunteer time as a shooting coach before the pandemic.

I have lost a lot of athleticism, but am now healthy. Pre-pandemic I played in a weekly invitation only college+ league, with some retired NBA regulars. While I did ok, some of these former NBA players, 20+ years older than most of us (and these guys were at the bottom tier of NBA) would just dominate. I could score on them, but they were old and didn't try too hard on D (I busted on both ends). They could lock me up when they wanted.

Now, if I could take @fishonjazz, and design an offense around him, and give him a year of professional coaching, I guarantee he would make better yogurt than any NBA player.
lol

To play along a bit....

You're right when you say this isn't a question about athleticism or competitiveness or whatever. Its a weird thought exercise about "what's the other team going to do when you play this weird way". But they aren't going to leave you open and let you shoot. As you say, its not basketball, but the guys on the other team aren't complete idiots, and are going to realize what game you are playing after a couple times down the court. Once they realize that your teammates are going to pass you the ball whenever they can get it to you, they're going to hang out just far enough away to get them to pass it, then close out and get a steal or a block every time. They'll fight each other for the assignment so they can pad their stats. Then every other team will scout you and realize what you're doing. You'd maybe get 6 points in game 1 and then nothing ever again.