What's new

Interesting SLCDunk Thread

****!! hahaha! funny how there names combined turn into that ... well we know that the most of the minutes and point guard actually went to Tinsley since he was injured as of late ... a lot of the problem with Foye is his inconsistency ... he's really a guy where you bring him off the bench and see how it goes ... if he's hot KEEP going to him .. and for he^% sakes if he hit 7 three's in a row don't yank him out that will mess his whole game up ...Burks really skipped most of the season and only was TY's last resort ofcourse when he was played we could all see a value in him.. but very odd minutes here and there just filling in for old vets that are hurt ... just isn't the way to infuse him into our team... and YES our gaurds are the biggest problem

Portland does not deserve Lillard... If we had Lillard, we'd be so set to challenege the Thunder in the future
Of course Portland deserves him. The Trailblazers decided 3-straight exits in the 1st-round was enough and they had the stones to trade Gerald Wallace in the final year of his contract (had PO) to build for the future and they hit a homerun with Lillard at 6. Portland has made alot management mistakes but this was one they got right.

Of course Portland deserves him. The Trailblazers decided 3-straight exits in the 1st-round was enough and they had the stones to trade Gerald Wallace in the final year of his contract (had PO) to build for the future and they hit a homerun with Lillard at 6. Portland has made alot management mistakes but this was one they got right.

That wasn't brilliant on Portland's part so much as it was a stupid move by the Nets.

I agree but I think what the Jazz brought in this year was better than what they had.

For sure, it was a step in the right direction and an improvement over the previous season's backcourt.

I actually like Foye, and think he could be a great asset off the bench when being used such as Korver was. To come into the game, hit a few threes and keep the opposing teams D honest. But Ty seems to think he needs to play him the whole game, which Foye seems to struggle with.

Agree on Foye. Not sure that Mo is better than DH was in retrospect.

I'm not surprised. Nor should any of us be. This is where we focus this summer... 1-2.

What does it take to get Wes Matthews back? Portland's going to be dealing this year. No way they stand pat. One of our later picks, plus a sign and traded Paul Milsap? Can we even do Sign and Trades anymore?

I'd love to get Lillard, but pretty sure Matthews is cheaper.
Or how about we just do NOT re-sign Foye so Corbin has to play Burks and Hayward. Seriously, I don't think Mo is 30th at PG. Remember, those stats are skewed by having Tinsley and Watson as our PG's for most of the year. A three-man rotation of Mo, Burks and Hayward would be a huge improvement over what we had. Alec is perfectly capable of playing the backup PG position. And Mo is a good shooter/scorer. Burks and Hayward can run the offense, leaving Mo to spot up for 3's. Draft/bring in a young PG to learn the position.

I think a bigger need for the Jazz is to find a SF. Marvin isn't the answer and DeMarre is a poor-man's Millsap at that position - i.e. he can be a great, high-energy guy off the bench, but he's not a starter.

If we had Lillard, we'd be so set to challenege the Thunder in the future

If we had Lillard he would have played 12 mpg this year, and only that high because of playing more minutes due to team injuries. Most people would be calling Corbin out on it, but we'd have a handful of people (official and unofficial) making the argument that Lillard just isn't that good and/or he's just too raw right now and Corbin is trying to win and be competitive.

And here's the main point:

82Games_Team_by_Team_Position_Stats.PNG

I don't generally view position +/- as being a super vital stat, but when the discrepancies are that large, there's clearly something there.

Consider this: the center position +/- is 5th in the NBA, yet Jefferson's on court/off court +/- is worst on the team (not including Murphy), https://www.82games.com/1213/1213UTA.HTM, and he got 62% of the available center minutes. https://www.82games.com/1213/12UTA14.HTM#bypos.

How is that even possible? Wow.

Our bench has been dominating other benches all year long. That also explains why the Jazz have so many come back wins.

Sorry, my question was rhetorical. Yes, clearly it speaks to the strength of our bench bigs. But still... the two stats combined together are pretty amazing.