What's new

Is anybody else missing baseball besides me?

July 1st cannot come fast enough for me. Any other Yankee fans on here? Or am I all alone? What team does everyone pull for?

July 1st cannot come fast enough for me. Any other Yankee fans on here? Or am I all alone? What team does everyone pull for?

Mets.

I may be buying a 100 inch screen and projector and get a setup outside to watch NBA and MLB all summer. Those ****ing mosquitos though...I’m not sure.

I don’t really have “a team”, but I cheer for the Angels (because of their affiliation with the Bees) or the Rockies (proximity). I also cheer for the Cardinals (they were the first team I was played on as a 6 year old). My 12 year old cheers for the A’s for some weird reason.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I don’t really have “a team”, but I cheer for the Angels (because of their affiliation with the Bees) or the Rockies (proximity). I also cheer for the Cardinals (they were the first team I was played on as a 6 year old). My 12 year old cheers for the A’s for some weird reason.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
Ohtani is something special, yes. But Mike Trout… I could watch him play baseball all day every day. That guy is just amazing. Greatest baseball player of our time. Angels are a great team. It’s a really fun park too!

Ohtani is something special, yes. But Mike Trout… I could watch him play baseball all day every day. That guy is just amazing. Greatest baseball player of our time. Angels are a great team. It’s a really fun park too!

Yep. I really hope Trout stays relatively healthy for at least another 4-5 years.

Yep. I really hope Trout stays relatively healthy for at least another 4-5 years.
Speaking as a Yankee fan... someone to watch just to see how special they are is Gleyber Torres. The first few weeks he played I turned to my sweetie and said "I think we might be seeing a legend from the beginning of his career". He's no all-time great like Trout, but if he keeps on his current trajectory, he's a Hall of Famer in the making if he stays healthy.

What projector did you get?

Amazon product ASIN B07ZNSPZWX
I didn’t want to spend an exorbitant amount on all this. Otherwise I just would’ve bought a SunBrite tv. This projector is really the only one I could find that’s native 1080p, a good amount of lumens (which is key for outdoors), WiFi and Bluetooth enabled, etc., etc. Gets really good reviews. Not pricy. Plus we got it through Walmart, not Amazon (the seller on Amazon has no history), so if it sucks or is broken, we’ll have no trouble returning it.

Basically, I want minimal **** outside. I’ll plug an extension cord in and run it along the base of the foundation until it hits the edge of the patio and then have it running along the perimeter of the patio at the bottom (it’s four inch stamped concrete) so it’s not obtrusive in any way and then have it come up to plug into the projector which will be near the edge of the patio. I’ll probably hide it so it’s in the shade more since it’s not built for outdoors and I’m going to try to only use it after a certain time or under a certain temp for now. Anyway, the plan is to have a Verizon One mini box (it’s wireless) in the basement which will be typically about 20-25 feet away from where I’m sitting outdoors and I should be able to change the channels that way. I’ll plug an HDMI cord into that and a transmitter that should be able to mirror everything from the mini to the projector wirelessly. And I’ll use my wife’s speaker to connect to the Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Freeman sick. A few others sick and out as well. Markaikas opts out.

Braves are done.

Go Mets!
They’ll still beat the lowly Mets, and Freeman will be back. Markaikas was going to be a platoon guy at best. This opens the door for Pache or however you spell his name. He’s the #1 prospect in the Braves farm system and considered the top defensive outfielder in the minors

How about that season opener - Yankees vs. Nationals?
That's gonna be a good game to kick things off.
Gerrit Cole vs. Max Scherzer.
Yum.

Yeah, I'm missing a baseball. It's white with red stitching. If you've seen it PM me the details and I'll arrange to come pick it up.