What's new

Is anybody else missing baseball besides me?

I loved watching that game. When Stanton hit that homerun I was yelling and screaming so loud that I couldn’t even tell that there were no fans in the stands anyways.

I loved watching that game. When Stanton hit that homerun I was yelling and screaming so loud that I couldn’t even tell that there were no fans in the stands anyways.

I bet him at 30:1 to win MVP. My one buddy was like he’ll never win it. Torres, Judge, blah blah blah. My thought was, if healthy, Stanton is elite. He’s won one mvp before iirc. Or had that monster season with the Marlins anyway. And the Yanks will always have guys on base for him. And Judge was 12:1 and there’s not as much fun in that. I forget Torres. Maybe like 16:1.

Great start.

Great pitchers duel by DeGrom and Soroka. Too bad teams didn’t have enough time to stretch out the pitchers arms. Soroka only three 69 pitches through 6 innings. DeGrom only pitched 5 innings. As soon as Soroka comes out, Mets hit a home run. So excited for Soroka he feels like a harder throwing Maddox. Obviously not as good but he’s Maddox like.

So, yesterday it was reported that 4 Marlens players tested positive for Covid-19. Now, this morning 8 more Marlens players test positive, and their home opener has been canceled.

This can’t be good for the future sustainability for the rest of the season.

The NFL should watch what's happening with MLB right now and be fearful. You simply can't control players that test positive unless you decide you don't want to impose a quarantine on someone who's just been exposed, but hasn't tested positive. There's simply too much interaction with the world if they're not in a bubble.

You either test everyone 2x/3x a week, remove players that are positive and simply soldier on with those testing negatively and don't cancel anything. If you get 15 players that are positive and it's your star quarterback, all your defensive backs, etc., tough luck, you'll need to either go deeper into your practice squad or bring guys off the street. Key is you're simply not stopping and deciding to ignore 14 day quarantines as a risk measure.

And let's face it, you can't have NFL games every 2-3 days like the NBA/MLB.

Baseball is now officially over in my house for the year. My oldest son had his last two games today. Winter training will start up the first of the year (unless COVID prevents it at that time), followed by an early spring tournament (usually mid March), and regular season usually begins first part of April.
On to football.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Here is the correct answer: no one misses baseball, no one. Except baseball players who can miss the ball more than 70% of the time and still be considered "great".

I bet him at 30:1 to win MVP. My one buddy was like he’ll never win it. Torres, Judge, blah blah blah. My thought was, if healthy, Stanton is elite. He’s won one mvp before iirc. Or had that monster season with the Marlins anyway. And the Yanks will always have guys on base for him. And Judge was 12:1 and there’s not as much fun in that. I forget Torres. Maybe like 16:1.

Great start.
Bummer - with a hammy injury, there’s likely no way he’ll win MVP this year.
Judge is still very much in the running, though, as is LaMehieu.