What's new

Is anybody else missing baseball besides me?

My Yankees are tanking :( but yes, the Braves look good. So do the Rays in the East.
Good lord, 29 runs by my braves. I’m getting nervous though. Braves just lost Max Fried, one of the best pitchers in all of baseball. They easily now have the worst starting rotation in baseball. That offense should carry them into post season play, but they aren’t contenders with this rag tag group they have going.

Braves damn near gave me a heart attack!!! Two games away from the show, I can almost taste it. Braves got hot at the right time, a perfect 7-0 in post season play bitches!!!

So how’s everybody feeling about your team’s offseason moves?

My Yanks are... well... interesting.
Ottovino traded in the AL East (and to Boston no less) was surprising.
Sad to see Masahiro Tanaka go.
Ecstatic that DJ LaMehieu is returning.
Excited to see if either Kluber or Taillon pans out with the upside... if even one of them does, our rotation should be fine.
O’Day will be a decent replacement for Ottovino.

All in all, in trying to keep under the Luxury Tax threshhold, I think Cashman has done about as much as he can do with what he has to work with.

Now sign Brett Gardner to something so he’s in the locker room!

Held our first practice for the 9 year old last night. The 13 year old has been practicing indoors since the first of the year, sneaking outside as weather allows. The 6 year old starts practicing next week. Baseball season is upon us.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last year we had basically one starting pitcher that didn’t belong on some farm team, and we still won the division and gave the Dodgers all they could handle coming within one game of the World Series. Now we have 4 stud pitchers who are all capable of winning a Cy Young Award, just think of the damage the Braves are going to do with a pitching staff to go along with an elite offense.

So... the Padres are eliminated from postseason play.

Given how good they were doing earlier in the year.... who saw THAT coming?

And who saw the Giants being this good?
A GREAT point. Nobody - nobody - saw that coming. Good for them!!!! The year after the Dodgers with the WS, they go and add the best pitcher in the free agent class, and they're fighting for the wildcard.
What a fun and interesting season.
I hate it because it threatens my Yanks, but it's also nice to see the Blue Jays competitive again. They've got some great young players on that team.
And how about the Cards right now???? 17 games... WOW.