What's new

Is Conley Ded?

Previously 10 games before that he was averaging 17pts 7 assists
we were 4-6 in those 10 games and we lost to Mem and Min both we later on managed to beat handily without him so don't blame the schedule.

Last edited:
And for the record, both AB and Hood averaged 14 and 16 a game for us respectively while playing much less minutes and taking much less shots than Conley. And don't even make me bring up Hill stats when he played for us. The only reason why people still defend him because we are stuck to his contract, now if you ask people there is a way to trade Conley do you think they wouldnt wanna do it?

People here think the starters are good(championship contending good?) and our bench sucks. But why does our bench suck? Does that have something to do with us paying a non superstar PG at 30 mil a year? Well at least I think so...

People here think the starters are good(championship contending good?) and our bench sucks. But why does our bench suck? Does that have something to do with us paying a non superstar PG at 30 mil a year? Well at least I think so...
The reason our bench sucks is because DL valued Exum over Crowder and Korver, and over a whole host of other guys, but because DL got us Conley and Bojan, everyone wanted to give him a mulligan or wanted to believe in the Exum ‘special’ hype.

The reason our bench sucks is because DL valued Exum over Crowder and Korver, and over a whole host of other guys, but because DL got us Conley and Bojan, everyone wanted to give him a mulligan or wanted to believe in the Exum ‘special’ hype.
DL made a poor judgement by extending an injury prone player to a three year fully guaranteed contract. There is no argument against that. But what I'm saying is that his decision to go for an old, overpaid and injury prone PG is just as bad.

I was one of the very few that was against picking up Conley. His injury track record is very concerning. Especially for the amount of money he was getting. But what’s done is done. I just hope he can get healthy and turn it around.

DL made a poor judgement by extending an injury prone player to a three year fully guaranteed contract. There is no argument against that. But what I'm saying is that his decision to go for an old, overpaid and injury prone PG is just as bad.
And what I’m saying is that DL sent Korver and Crowder to Memphis instead of Exum. And had we tossed Exum into someone’s cap space this summer (people LULZed at the thought), then we could have signed some quality guys.

And what I’m saying is that DL sent Korver and Crowder to Memphis instead of Exum. And had we tossed Exum into someone’s cap space this summer (people LULZed at the thought), then we could have signed some quality guys.
You mean like Ed Davis that is averaging 1.6 ppg and shooting 42% on free throws?

It appears reports of Conley's death were greatly exaggerated.

He spoke after practice today and said he would like to play Tuesday, and if not Tuesday then on the road trip.

we were 4-6 in those 10 games and we lost to Mem and Min both we later on managed to beat handily without him so don't blame the schedule.

So are we evaluating the team or the player? Pick your argument and stick to it.

Here's some saddening stats about Conley. He is DEAD LAST in the nba at finishing in the paint (37%, 100 min. Attempts). He's only making 41% of his layups and he's down about 12% on making his floaters (a lot of career lows).

Conely will get back on track. He's adjusting to a new environment/team after playing his entire career in the same place. Give him time to settle in before you all announce him as ded.

The problem this year will be our bench. Like some have already said in this thread, we should have given up Exum for Conely instead of Crowder and Korver. We're just lacking that fire power in our reserves and I don't think that will improve without some changes

I'm actually shocked people on this board think that teams want Exum. He will be getting a vet minimum AT BEST at the end of this contract if he's not playing in the NBL by then