What's new

Is Jimmer Fredette Mormon?

if so, that increases his chance being drafted by jazz

Sure increased Shawn Bradley's chances, or Danny Ainge's chances, or Keth van Horn's chances, or Steve Young's chances, or Michael Doleac's chances, or the many other Mormons that have been in professional basketball and not played for the Utah Jazz.

In other words, less trolling and more deleting of your account is requested.

Jazz have never drafted from BYU as far as my google-fu can tell and there are only 2 players that have been Mormon, Andy Toolson and Thurl Bailey, who was not Mormon while he played in the NBA. Am I missing something?

so, when the Jazz play in New York, the Jimmer will just hang out at the hotel rather than club all night? maybe he can introduce a little thing to the team called the honor code.

Jazz have never drafted from BYU as far as my google-fu can tell and there are only 2 players that have been Mormon, Andy Toolson and Thurl Bailey, who was not Mormon while he played in the NBA. Am I missing something?
IIRC you could also add Steve Hayes to the list.

I think Ronnie Price is Mormon - I recall reading somewhere that he converted to marry a Mormon girl

I actually know Ronnie prices wife. Don't knownif he is or not but his wife comes from good Mormon stock. Her parents are big wigs in amway. My wife was her nanny when she was growing up. For those in Logan from the south end of the valley will know the bybees

I actually know Ronnie prices wife. Don't knownif he is or not but his wife comes from good Mormon stock. Her parents are big wigs in amway. My wife was her nanny when she was growing up. For those in Logan from the south end of the valley will know the bybees

That was pretty difficult to read and understand. Thanks for the info though. I never knew he was married.

Didn't Fred Roberts play for the Jazz for about 5 minutes?

Every player who has ever played on the Jazz or in the history of the NBA is Mormon sooner or later...well just get them when they are dead.

if the jazz draft jimmer iam no longer a jazz fan, this guy is so overrated! he is going to make adam morrison, jj redick look like all stars

Hoffa would come the closest to this comparison. Though he was from BYU I don't think he joined the church...but I believe his wife is....also we didnt draft him.

Jazz passed on Mark Madsen in the 2000 draft for DeShawn Stevenson.

Madsen arguably would have been a better pick being he was more NBA ready and at the time Jazz were a win-now team.