What's new

Is Tom Brady the best football player of all time?

Is Tom Brady the best football player?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No (reply who is)

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
He actually had a pretty good game. Set the yardage record iirc. The loss is on the defense and special teams, not Brady.

Brady gets all the credit when they win though. A good quarterback will find a way to win even when the defense is giving up points.

Anyway, supposedly Brady never went and congratulated Foles, which is really ****ing lame. It's one thing to be a loser, but being a sore loser is kind of pathetic.

Brady gets all the credit when they win though. A good quarterback will find a way to win even when the defense is giving up points.

Anyway, supposedly Brady never went and congratulated Foles, which is really ****ing lame. It's one thing to be a loser, but being a sore loser is kind of pathetic.

He did have a pretty good, actually historically good, game though. And the defense had one of the worst games ever in a super bowl.
Thems just the facts.

Agreed about him being a sore loser and Brady (and billicheck) getting the credit when they win.

He did congratulate Foles later, and other Eagles players as well. Too lazy to get you the link. :)

In response to the op it's hard to compare Brady with Jim brown, Jerry rice, Barry sanders, deon, Lawrence taylor, Reggie white, etc.

So my answer to the question is maybe. It's certainly a possibility but each position is too different to really compare imo.

Certainly I feel safe in saying he is the greatest qb ever.
Reggie White, Jerry Rice and John Elway would be my top three. You can make a case for Brady after those guys. I’d have Montana in the top 5 also.

- Brady's still bitter about a Deflategate joke that Obama's crew made after a Brady press conference in January -- and because of that joke, he decided not to attend the white house in 2015. Bish. Now he's going to Trump tho.
- had a MAGA hat in his locker, said him and Donald are good friends
- never, ever, ever tiptoes out of his comfort zone to speak on any political issue. Spineless.
- ended a press-conference after someone asked him about locker-room talk re: trump because he didn't want his views to be "a distraction for the team"

--

All patriot fans are the same. Look no further than this thread, and the hilarity of OP.

Wait, this makes him a bigot or you the bitch?

Brady is the GOAT and it's not even close.

Brady plays the most important position that affects the game, by far, more than any other position and has played the position better than anyone who's ever played the game.

I get people who don't like him, aren't fans of the Patriots and absolutely hate him. I don't get how people can deny reality and his greatness though. No one will ever come close to achieving what Brady has done and no one has before either.

Just finished reading the thread.

I'm not a fan of dutch, but don't think he should have been banned. The post for "trolling" that broke "the camels back" was weak af too, imo.

My question is, what's the difference between Dalamon and Dutch in this thread?

Reggie White, Jerry Rice and John Elway would be my top three. You can make a case for Brady after those guys. I’d have Montana in the top 5 also.

Didn’t Elway only win one Super Bowl though?.... and Terrell Davis was the real mvp of that team as well.

Brady's become fairly controversial these days, thanks to his longstanding friendship with President Donald Trump. In Trump's pre-presidential days, the pair were pretty tight after meeting at the Miss USA pageant in 2002. Trump had invited Brady as a judge after Brady won his first Super Bowl, and the two apparently hit it off. They were seen hanging out together on multiple occasions for the next few years, including going golfing, taking in a boxing match, and just generally being out on the town together, as evidenced by this 2015 tweet from Trump.
Although, since Trump made his foray into political office, things seem to have gotten a little more awkward between the two.

Brady supported his buddy's run for president — a Trump MAGA hat was spotted in his locker in 2015 — and even endorsed Trump for president. But he also tried to distance himself from many of Trump's positions, including Trump's proposed ban on Muslims entering America. But after the actual election, Brady did not say who he voted for, although his wife, Gisele Bündchen, said on social media that the couple wasn't supporting Trump.
I feel people like Dala, who make logical fallacies and comparisons make the world far worse.

A little reading and understanding history and timelines can give you a clear perspective on Brady's/Trump's relationship. Dude is not a bigot.

Didn’t Elway only win one Super Bowl though?.... and Terrell Davis was the real mvp of that team as well.
He won 2, but got to several more without a very good team or one of the top 3 coaches (Belichick, Lombardi and Walsh) running the show. Never seen a guy carry his team like Elway did. I have him over Brady, Montana and Favre.

It has taken me a few days to reflect on our SB loss as well as the great season our team had. There are many emotions when you come up short of your goal. And they are all part of learning and growing in this journey of life. Learning turns everything into a postitive. And the number one feeling I have had the past 4 days is gratitude. Gratitude to my teammates for the incredible effort given all season regardless of the challenges we faced.
Gratitude toward my coaches for the effort and sacrifice they make to put us players in the best position to win.
Gratitude to the NEP organization for supporting us on our very challenging and difficult journey.
Gratitude to the Philadelphia Eagles team and organization for bringing out the best in us and being gracious winners (as well as congratulations on winning the championship)
Gratitude toward our fans who showed up every week to cheer us on and commit their time and energy and love and support to what our goals are.
And gratitude to my family and friends who continue to love and support my dreams.
Thank you all. I love you all.

Best, Tom
But, I guess, to some he's a bitch, right?

SMH...

He won 2, but got to several more without a very good team or one of the top 3 coaches (Belichick, Lombardi and Walsh) running the show. Never seen a guy carry his team like Elway did. I have him over Brady, Montana and Favre.
Ya but look at all the teams that brady took to superbowls. Who were the names of his running back? How about his receivers? If you list them all you will see lots and lots of no name type guys. You could give him scrubs at all of the skill positions and he will still take his team to the superbowl and make those scrubs look like stars. He just needs a good O-line. (like every qb)

A quarterback can't be the best player in NFL history

This doesn’t make any sense. I’m not saying that Brady is the best player in nfl history but to say that a qb can’t be? That’s ridiculous.
A punter, or a kicker I can understand being ineligible for the goat player but a qb? Of course a qb can qualify. They are a pretty important part of the team imo.

This doesn’t make any sense. I’m not saying that Brady is the best player in nfl history but to say that a qb can’t be? That’s ridiculous.
A punter, or a kicker I can understand being ineligible for the goat player but a qb? Of course a qb can qualify. They are a pretty important part of the team imo.

Traditional qb's aren't nearly as skilled or athletic, and can't do certain things most other position players can do. They mostly consist of arm talent and the mental side of the game. unless you are Vick, Cunningham, or young Steve Young, you just can't be considered best football player IMO. Completely different category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traditional qb's aren't nearly as skilled or athletic, and can't do certain things most other position players can do. They mostly consist of arm talent and the mental side of the game. unless you are Vick, Cunningham, or young Steve Young, you just can't be considered best football player IMO. Completely different category

Well it sounds like you are looking at the physically most gifted of all time rather than best player.

This take is awful. Like one of the worst takes ever on Jazzfanz awful.