What's new

Israel-Hamas War

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4agq9zRFts&pp=ygUWQWFyb24gYnVzaG5lbGwgcHJvdGVzdA%3D%3D

US veterans burn their uniforms in support of Aaron Bushnell.

I know people here want to just write him off as someone with mental issues, but he wasn’t that. He was an American serviceman prepared to do something and even die for his country. Even someone prepared to die for his country couldn’t do what they wanted him to do in Gaza. His protest isn’t going to disappear and go away quietly the way the war machine wants it to. He’s not alone.

We were lied to and we were wrong about Afghanistan and Korea and Vietnam and Yemen and Syria and Iraq and Ethiopia, but I’m sure this time it’s different. I’m sure Ukraine is different as well. I don’t understand how so many out of touch Americans can convince themselves of this.
We obviously won all this wars and we’re all so much safer now that we dropped so much bombs, I mean democracy around the world, am I right?
I’m certainly not going to listen to all those folks that return from these wars. I mean they all come back all messed up from spreading so much democracy and aid dropping. Why would anyone listen to the people that were there?

Last edited:
Most Americans support a ceasefire, and most Americans support giving Israel military aid. Biden is following public opinion.
He isn’t following popular opinion, he is following American geopolitical (and imperialist) interests. If popular support led to policy decisions then Americans would have had Medicare for All several years ago. Let’s cut this dumb *** charade right now: this genocide would end tomorrow if Biden wanted it to. The fact that it continues falls firmly on the shoulders of America. Squirm and squabble all you want, this is the truth. It is also the truth that this is a genocide. More children in Gaza have died in four months than in every conflict in the last four years.

- George

He isn’t following popular opinion, he is following American geopolitical (and imperialist) interests. If popular support led to policy decisions then Americans would have had Medicare for All several years ago. Let’s cut this dumb *** charade right now: this genocide would end tomorrow if Biden wanted it to. The fact that it continues falls firmly on the shoulders of America. Squirm and squabble all you want, this is the truth. It is also the truth that this is a genocide. More children in Gaza have died in four months than in every conflict in the last four years.

- George
If things are so bad for the Gazans then why haven't they surrendered?

The Gazans started this. The Gazans are still holding hostages. There is no cease fire because the Gazans refused the Israeli cease fire offer, and no the Gazans will not stop warring if Biden tells them to so your assertion is fairy tales. The only party who wants this conflict to continue is the people of Gaza. This all ends the day the people of Gaza decide peace is the way forward.

Last edited:
Washington Post reports that there were over 100 other arms deals that have been sent to Israel since Oct 7th.

"Over 30,000 Palestinians have been killed and over 71,000 wounded in Gaza since October 7, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry, which says about 70% of the casualties are women and children. Despite the massive civilian casualty rate, the US is looking to give Israel another $14 billion in military aid on top of the $3.8 billion it receives each year."

Washington Post reports that there were over 100 other arms deals that have been sent to Israel since Oct 7th.

"Over 30,000 Palestinians have been killed and over 71,000 wounded in Gaza since October 7, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry, which says about 70% of the casualties are women and children. Despite the massive civilian casualty rate, the US is looking to give Israel another $14 billion in military aid on top of the $3.8 billion it receives each year."

The Gazans started this. The Gazans are still holding hostages. There is no cease fire because the Gazans refused the Israeli cease fire offer. The only party who wants this conflict to continue is the people of Gaza. This all ends the day the people of Gaza decide peace is the way forward.

- George
Could Biden actually stop Israel attacking Palestinians by himself? Congress wouldn't have to be down with that as well?
What would that look like? Let's say Congress and Biden and all of America wants Israel to stop attacking Palestine so we tell them so. No more money. No more weapons. We charge them with war crimes. We condemn them. We tell them they are no longer an ally.

What if they keep attacking Palestinians after all that? Do we go to war against Israel? What if we do all the condemning and we don't give them money or weapons and we sanction them and it works and they stop attacking but soon after they stop, Hamas and Hezbollah attack Israel again? Do we expect Israel to not reciprocate in that scenario?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

The Gazans started this. The Gazans are still holding hostages. There is no cease fire because the Gazans refused the Israeli cease fire offer. The only party who wants this conflict to continue is the people of Gaza. This all ends the day the people of Gaza decide peace is the way forward.
The proposed ceasefire/hostage exchange have been non starters because Israel is only offering a 6 week ceasefire where Gaza wants a permanent ceasefire. They cant afford to give away their only bargaining chip for a 6 week pause on genocide.

From the BBC article- "The priority for us in Hamas is not the exchange of detainees, but the cessation of the war."

more info-

Last edited:
The proposed ceasefire/hostage exchange have been non starters because Israel is only offering a 6 week ceasefire where Gaza wants a permanent ceasefire. They cant afford to give away their only bargaining chip for a 6 week pause on genocide.

From the BBC article- "The priority for us in Hamas is not the exchange of detainees, but the cessation of the war."

more info-

Their "bargaining chip"?

Indeed.

Gaza wants a permanent ceasefire.
That claim is laughable. If Gaza really wanted a permanent ceasefire then all they'd need to do is surrender and end the war. Gaza is refusing any deal that doesn't let them continue the fight, and the Gazan people seem willing to continue to pay the price to continue the fight. Kids in Gaza are dying because the adults in Gaza support the continuation of the environment in which their kids are killed. It is crazy. I have yet to see a single poll of the Gazan people condemning the path Hamas has chosen for them.

- George
It's true we give Israel a lot of aid, it's also true that Israel is a relatively wealthy country. They like our aid, but don't need it. Given that, how would Biden stop the carnage?

I agree the Gazan situation is genocide. Are you supporting armed intervention?

That claim is laughable. If Gaza really wanted a permanent ceasefire then all they'd need to do is surrender and end the war. Gaza is refusing any deal that doesn't let them continue the fight, and the Gazan people seem willing to continue to pay the price to continue the fight. Kids in Gaza are dying because the adults in Gaza support the continuation of the environment in which their kids are killed. It is crazy. I have yet to see a single poll of the Gazan people condemning the path Hamas has chosen for them.
I guess I should take your word for your made up ********

The Gazans started this. The Gazans are still holding hostages. There is no cease fire because the Gazans refused the Israeli cease fire offer, and no the Gazans will not stop warring if Biden tells them to so your assertion is fairy tales. The only party who wants this conflict to continue is the people of Gaza. This all ends the day the people of Gaza decide peace is the way forward.
The population of Gaza, to my understanding, is 50% under the age of 19. Children are not holding hostages. It is vile to say the children should be suffering starvation and genocide. They are the primary victims of the conflict.

I know right? Can you believe the audacity these people have to remain alive?
Maybe they'll live long enough to kill even more Israeli civilians and maybe even rape more children along the way, all while gathering more "bargaining chips."