What's new

It’s time to embrace who the Utah Jazz are THE VILLAIN!!

RHJ. Unless Hoffa is still available.
An hoffa was a beast. And a mean beast. And could shoot it a little.
Would be awesome to have him play like 8 minutes a game and just beat up the other team under the basket

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The thing I question about RHJ is the dude gets waived by the T-Wolves of all teams and no one wants to touch the guy.

I'm old enough to remember when Christian Wood was cut by multiple teams.
He was my primary target for almost 2 years. He would have taken us to another level entirely. Gobert and Wood on the floor together. No one would score against us, and no one could stop the lob. Damnit.

That's what I loved about Kanter when he was here, before he became a douche. He had grit in him to get in people's faces and start ****. Too bad his defense sucked and was a liability on that end.

Stop it with the RHJ crap you idiot!!! Can’t you get a little more creative than constantly shoving that scrub down our throats!!! I mean RHJ this can’t be serious talk?
The good news is that I don’t need to shove him down your throat. He can come here and do it himself.

I'm old enough to remember when Christian Wood was cut by multiple teams.
Their careers aren’t even close to similar. RHJ averaged 20+ min a game every year except his last. Wood barely got minutes his first few years and didn’t he get cut from NO. due to behavioral issues? By the way he averaged 16 a game with NO. RHJ had plenty of time to develop a game and didn’t.
The good news is that I don’t need to shove him down your throat. He can come here and do it himself.
no he can’t because he wouldn’t get a lick of playing time here.

Their careers aren’t even close to similar. RHJ averaged 20+ min a game every year except his last. Wood barely got minutes his first few years and didn’t he get cut from NO. due to behavioral issues? By the way he averaged 16 a game with NO. RHJ had plenty of time to develop a game and didn’t.

no he can’t because he wouldn’t get a lick of playing time here.
Wood was cut by Milwaukee and NO in the same season. NO he had produced and they had a roster crunch. He also absolutely murdered the G League for a long time... He was a fairly obvious guy to take a flier on... just like RHJ is imo. They are different... Wood was a high upside flier. RHJ is a guy you know can defend, handle the ball and pass a little, and is a great rebounder. He's also a very flexible defender. He may have non-basketball things that are holding teams back... I'm not accusing him... just saying that might be the thing that causes hesitance from some teams.

I could see him having a definite role off the bench for 8-12 minutes a night and as @infection mentioned he could be a funky backup center in some matchups. Quin is too rigid to try it so I guess that isn't a real benefit.

Wood was cut by Milwaukee and NO in the same season. NO he had produced and they had a roster crunch. He also absolutely murdered the G League for a long time... He was a fairly obvious guy to take a flier on... just like RHJ is imo. They are different... Wood was a high upside flier. RHJ is a guy you know can defend, handle the ball and pass a little, and is a great rebounder. He's also a very flexible defender. He may have non-basketball things that are holding teams back... I'm not accusing him... just saying that might be the thing that causes hesitance from some teams.

I could see him having a definite role off the bench for 8-12 minutes a night and as @infection mentioned he could be a funky backup center in some matchups. Quin is too rigid to try it so I guess that isn't a real benefit.
If there’s anything I’ve learned from the JazzAvenues quote thread. Every good teams fans think their coach is too rigid.