What's new

It's happening bros...

Primetime

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Executives say Utah has significant threshold for Enes Kanter deal - including young player, 1st rounder, etc - but several teams pursuing.

He gone by Thursday.

Wow, Utah sticking to their guns and getting interest. I wonder what teams are pursuing Kanter, what they are offering and what else Utah is willing to include.

Great find Primetime.

Perfect. If we could get both those things, young player and 1st rounder it's a no brainer. Pull the trigger Dennis, let's do some cleansing.

Was just about to post this. Woj don't lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I saw the name and immediately thought that there is some teeth to this rumor. If he comes out says it then its pretty solid info.

Several teams is the important part. Could get the asking prize a little higher. Let's see what we'll get.

Most likely scenarios to give what we are asking would be Toronto with Ross and a 1st (they owe us for the Novak deal) and Milwaukee with Henson and a 1st. I don't think I'd give up Henson if I'm Milwaukee (or Middleton) with Sanders gone they kind of need his rim protection.

I still like Isiah Thomas, but it would likely mean we would need to find a new home for Burke, which might be too much to deal with right now.

Several teams is the important part. Could get the asking prize a little higher. Let's see what we'll get.

I don't care whether it's Door #1, #2 or #3 or the mystery surprise package. The added bonus to making a deal is it makes Gobert happy. He wants to start and is getting antsy. He KNOWS he's better than Enes. By trading Kanter, we show we're all in on Rudy, just as Denver did when they traded Mozgov to make playing time available for Nurkic.

lets+make+a+deal.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
True but no sense making a deal that ends up ebing worse than keeping Kanter. I'd really like to know what teams are calling.

You can bring in IT without taking Burke's minutes away, just play Exum more at the 2.

I think Thomas and Burke would play the 2 on offense with Exum being the PG and guarding the 2, but I get what you are saying. I think Trey would be moved in the offseason though if we brought in IT.

It's probably close to 50/50 right now. Honestly if I was DL I'd take a decent first rounder and expirings for him. He's not ready mentally to be a third big and sacrifice for the team (not blaming him just stating the facts). He is not a starter on a Western Conference playoff team and I doubt he ever will be. Not sure why we'd prolong this dance if we can get some value and move on.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Executives say Utah has significant threshold for Enes Kanter deal - including young player, 1st rounder, etc - but several teams pursuing.

He gone by Thursday.

Perfect. If we could get both those things, young player and 1st rounder it's a no brainer. Pull the trigger Dennis, let's do some cleansing.

"etc" makes me think this is an or situation

More tidbits from Andy Larsen of SCH via Twitter

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
Holy cow. I'm at a point in my life where I'm tempted to tweet "I can confirm Wojnarowski's report." I'm that guy.

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
More color: Enes Kanter's trade demand didn't change what Jazz would accept in offer, but it did push them to pursue a trade somewhat more.

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
Jazz aren't just weighing other team's incoming offers for Kanter, but are going out & making some of their own as well. Lots on the table.

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
Jazz won't accept just any first round pick or just any young player for Enes Kanter, BTW. It has to be someone they really like.

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
I'd put the odds of the Jazz making a trade this week at about 50/50. Lots of plausible ideas on table, but nothing super close right now.

Sounds like not much has changed, just that discussions have amped up a bit.

Best case: Middleton + this year's 1st.

Boston also might make sense... they care less about fit and more about getting better assets. They might do Tyler Zeller and the 2016 top ten pick they have from Cleveland for Kanter. I think Zeller is a more effective player than Kanter but kanter has more upside. Zeller would be great 3rd/4th big and he is cheap.

I just hope something decent gets done and everyone can move on....