What's new

Its Time to Tank

If Rudy Gay made that dunk over Holmes will you forgive him?
Lol it never had a chance. On the replay it clearly showed that even if Holmes wasn't there it had no chance of getting over the rim. That play was actually pretty entertaining in a lmao kind of way.

I can't believe everyone is bitching so much about Conley getting starter minutes as a critique on Hardy. Before his injury, Conley was undeniably one of the two most effectual players for our success. His shooting has been flat coming back, but hardy's paid to win games and Conley is a winner.

And honestly, I've always just assumed Gays contract included a stipulation/expectation of receiving minutes. He's garbage, but I think a part of it is that we don't want to further damage our ability to get vets in the future if it comes out we will go back on our word. Maybe that's entirely off, but that's what I've always assumed.

I'm all for the youth movement and trading Conley/Gay/Olynyk/Clarkson, but I think fans thinking they are unquestionably smarter than Hardy is annoying

I can't believe everyone is bitching so much about Conley getting starter minutes as a critique on Hardy. Before his injury, Conley was undeniably one of the two most effectual players for our success. His shooting has been flat coming back, but hardy's paid to win games and Conley is a winner.

And honestly, I've always just assumed Gays contract included a stipulation/expectation of receiving minutes. He's garbage, but I think a part of it is that we don't want to further damage our ability to get vets in the future if it comes out we will go back on our word. Maybe that's entirely off, but that's what I've always assumed.

I'm all for the youth movement and trading Conley/Gay/Olynyk/Clarkson, but I think fans thinking they are unquestionably smarter than Hardy is annoying
I think fans like you are annoying. Benching Gay would have absolutely no impact on getting vets in the future. Every team around the league benches vets when they aren't worthy of minutes and we should to. Thinking there is some stipulation that he gets minutes in his contract may dumbest suggestion I have ever heard. That has never been in any contract and last year Snyder the benched the **** out of him because he sucked and he was playing better than he is this year. Also before Conley got injured he was not playing well and was looking worn out. On a team with zero chance of competing for a title and a ton of young guards that need minutes it makes the most sense to keep his minutes at 24 a game. As far as how smart Hardy is that remains to be seen but without a doubt does stupidest things I have ever seen from a coach at times.

I honestly dont care about the tank. If we win, great. If we lose, great. Im just ready to play the young guys and not watch older dudes who arent very good anyway and wont be here in a few years take minutes from dudes who need them and might be part of the future of this team.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
So much this!

I think fans like you are annoying. Benching Gay would have absolutely no impact on getting vets in the future. Every team around the league benches vets when they aren't worthy of minutes and we should to. Thinking there is some stipulation that he gets minutes in his contract may dumbest suggestion I have ever heard. That has never been in any contract and last year Snyder the benched the **** out of him because he sucked and he was playing better than he is this year. Also before Conley got injured he was not playing well and was looking worn out. On a team with zero chance of competing for a title and a ton of young guards that need minutes it makes the most sense to keep his minutes at 24 a game. As far as how smart Hardy is that remains to be seen but without a doubt does stupidest things I have ever seen from a coach at times.

A minutes stipulation for old *** Rudy Gay on the MLE nonetheless lmao.

Totally agree. And i'm glad this team is manage by DA, They know what they are doing.

Look… I thought the Woozy for Wemby tank race would be an epic race to the bottom… but everyone still at the starting line staring at each other… the door to 7 or 8 is miraculously still open and we are like 2 games out… make the tank move Danny… it’s time to get dirty… me to Danny right now.

1674743571687.gif

Right? It is annoying how much smarter we are than Hardy, I fully agree!

Im very very much in the camp of trading the vets. I want KO, Conley, and Gay gone. I also want to trade beasley. Clarkson im still not sure about but leaning trade.

Last night Kessler gets 20 minutes, sexton gets 22 (in one of his best games of the season) and Ochai gets 12. I want more minutes for all three of those dudes. And zero minutes for NAW in a game where lillard is going off and NAW has length to bother him. smh

Im very very much in the camp of trading the vets. I want KO, Conley, and Gay gone. I also want to trade beasley. Clarkson im still not sure about but leaning trade.

Last night Kessler gets 20 minutes, sexton gets 22 (in one of his best games of the season) and Ochai gets 12. I want more minutes for all three of those dudes. And zero minutes for NAW in a game where lillard is going off and NAW has length to bother him. smh
Fish.... even ****ing THT is looking good in a more sustainable way. He will likely still give us a handful of LOLz but they are less frequent. Its time... do the tank trade no one says we will do... just do it... we already won this season... now win the offseason.

Fish.... even ****ing THT is looking good in a more sustainable way. He will likely still give us a handful of LOLz but they are less frequent. Its time... do the tank trade no one says we will do... just do it... we already won this season... now win the offseason.
Yep. Im far past ready to move on

Trade Clarkson, love the person , great scorer but if we are going to unlock Lauri potential to the fullest, we have to get rid of the ballhogs, they only look for their shot,while everyone else trying to get open with no chance of seeing the ball . Clarkson would get us aot back and help the team at the same time.

Not sure on JC... but if you sent out Mike/KO/Gay to LA for Westbrook and the right to swap the worse of the NO/Lakers pick with the Philly pick (and maybe some seconds if they have any) I would be highly tempted to do that. Lakers should do it as it opens up the possibility that they can do a sign and trade with the expiring salary of Mike/KO/Gay (kyrie) next year or go after a star like Beal/Dame/Lavine with their two picks they saved. It helps them salvage this year and not just let Westbrook's deal expire.

We absolutely clear the books and can pursue FA/Trades with maximum flexibility. Follow it up with a Beasley/Vando move.

Give Lauri a few nights off here and there... and BAM we are the 7/8.

I'm very much in the trade Clarkson, Gay, and KO. I'm okay if we get something decent trading away Conley and other's for a good move. I'm not real high on anyone outside of Lauri and to a lesser degree Kessler. I strongly prefer to trade them for younger players with upside who fit in over just dumping them for crap players and meh 1sts.

Guys like Vando and Sexton I'm okay letting develop more. But if we can combine them with someone/something else for better players I'm good with that. I think they are okay role players but likely not much more.

I'm honestly shocked more teams haven't tanked this year. With Wemby and Scoot I thought this would likely be the worst year for tanking ever.
Its time for Danny to hit everyone with a sneak attack.

What are people's plan for the next couple years after we tank this year, particularly those wanting to dump all our players for picks? Those picks aren't going to help us for quite awhile. Seems like if we go that route we should trade Lauri as well. Or are you wanting to tank this year then use lots of picks to trade for players next year?

What are people's plan for the next couple years after we tank this year, particularly those wanting to dump all our players for picks? Those picks aren't going to help us for quite awhile. Seems like if we go that route we should trade Lauri as well. Or are you wanting to tank this year then use lots of picks to trade for players next year?
I don't think anyone wants to dump everybody.