What's new

Its Time to Tank

Sure those trades help the tank?
Pretty much this. All three have been absolutely awful lately.

At this point, the only truly effective tank move would be to trade or sit Lauri. And neither is going to happen. Hell, Hardy seems to be increasing his minutes.

(By the way, are we sure we want to run Markkanen to the ground now that the grand playoff dreams are pretty much gone? I mean, he's a 7 footer who moves around like a guard and plays a career high 34 mpg. At some point I fear that's gonna bite us in the ***.)

Last edited:
I think we do not have to trade anybody to tank.We are bad already. Trading if we got good return yes, but there is not trade who will significantly help the tank.

I’m so mad at this team. Are they bad? Yes… so why am I so mad?

WTF were they doing winning all those games against playoff teams at the beginning of the year. I mean it was like murderers row night after night, hell I think we play we played at a cutthroats pace night after night day after day vs title contenders. Jazz let me down.

Jazz barely lost to a good playoff team on the road...
^^This

While I'm converting to the tank club, the Kings game had nothing to do with that unlike our previous 2 road games. We got the exact same result Denver did from that place 2 nights before, with a fair chance to win it at the end.

Its inguriating how good we look against contenders and how bad we look against subpar teams. Kings didnt even shoot bad or get a bad game from anyone, we were just competitive.

I mean, they are not tanking, so sure its time to tank, and has been all season, yet they are not so it isn't time to either.

^^This

While I'm converting to the tank club, the Kings game had nothing to do with that unlike our previous 2 road games. We got the exact same result Denver did from that place 2 nights before, with a fair chance to win it at the end.

Its inguriating how good we look against contenders and how bad we look against subpar teams. Kings didnt even shoot bad or get a bad game from anyone, we were just competitive.
There's not a lot of bad teams in the NBA. Everyone is pretty good.

Things are definitely starting to look pretty good for us. If it weren't for a couple crazy endings like the warriors game at home and the buzzer beater against the pelicans in overtime we would be looking great.

Sure those trades help the tank?

You a double agent posting championship tank stuff in actual tank thread?

I honestly dont care about the tank. If we win, great. If we lose, great. Im just ready to play the young guys and not watch older dudes who arent very good anyway and wont be here in a few years take minutes from dudes who need them and might be part of the future of this team.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I honestly dont care about the tank. If we win, great. If we lose, great. Im just ready to play the young guys and not watch older dudes who arent very good anyway and wont be here in a few years take minutes from dudes who need them and might be part of the future of this team.

I think that is the correct way of thinking. At some point Ainge is going to have to force Hardy's hand when it comes giving these minutes because Hardy clearly can't be trusted on his own. There is just no reason that Rudy Gay should be seeing the floor at all for the rest of the year and Conley shouldn't be getting more than 24 minutes a game at this point in time.

If Rudy Gay made that dunk over Holmes will you forgive him?

There's not a lot of bad teams in the NBA. Everyone is pretty good.
Hence I used the term subpar, just incase you missed it.

I also think this year there truely are no bad teams but a huge bunch of mediocre ones. That messes up playoff pictures and trade markets.

I think that is the correct way of thinking. At some point Ainge is going to have to force Hardy's hand when it comes giving these minutes because Hardy clearly can't be trusted on his own. There is just no reason that Rudy Gay should be seeing the floor at all for the rest of the year and Conley shouldn't be getting more than 24 minutes a game at this point in time.
Trusted? Hardy has to utilize the team his GM gives him, and his rooks are far less likely to stir the pot, if they get no minutes. Granted he should give more minutes than none, to someone like Agbaji, but overall the use of vets who are paid more, if anything, is coming from the front office , when it comes to over the hill ones. I am guessing Gay is being used some now, but if not shipped out, won't see the floor after the deadline at all seems like a GM directive not Hardy

Hence I used the term subpar, just incase you missed it.

I also think this year there truely are no bad teams but a huge bunch of mediocre ones. That messes up playoff pictures and trade markets.
lol there are a ******** of terribly run orgs though smh. The parity this season so far by record is real though, even though it won't sustain much longer, since there clearly are good teams and everyone else that isn't yet regardless of what the records show.

Trusted? Hardy has to utilize the team his GM gives him, and his rooks are far less likely to stir the pot, if they get no minutes. Granted he should give more minutes than none, to someone like Agbaji, but overall the use of vets who are paid more, if anything, is coming from the front office , when it comes to over the hill ones. I am guessing Gay is being used some now, but if not shipped out, won't see the floor after the deadline at all seems like a GM directive not Hardy
You don't really believe what you just wrote. There is no way that Ainge is telling him to play Gay any minutes at all and Conley 30 minutes a night. Ainge went out of his way to get guys like Simone, THT and Ochai so you can bet that he wants to see them play.

You don't really believe what you just wrote. There is no way that Ainge is telling him to play Gay any minutes at all and Conley 30 minutes a night. Ainge went out of his way to get guys like Simone, THT and Ochai so you can bet that he wants to see them play.
I don't agree. All the vets have salary that needs to be justified to owners and if they never play, they are even more likely to get pressured to move them. If Gay never plays he has to be traded or cut, the second option being a failure. He will get traded only if he plays and ,if he can knock down shots play some D at a reasonable level, maybe won't have to pay much to unload him.
I would play the youth, and I am starting to believe Hardy will after the deadline, but has no freedom to do so yet.