What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast: Episode 6 - Tony Jones From The Athletic

Tony had a radio spot today and he sounded pretty convinced Clarkson is gone in the off-season.
He said on our pod something about moving JC as well. When Tony mentions specific guys might get moved you have to pay attention. Tony isn't speculative... he speaks to what he knows.

I am guessing they had some potential deals for JC and some of them said "lets talk in the summer when his contract is $14M and not 23M".

It also may depend on how good the young guards are down the stretch.

He said on our pod something about moving JC as well. When Tony mentions specific guys might get moved you have to pay attention. Tony isn't speculative... he speaks to what he knows.

I am guessing they had some potential deals for JC and some of them said "lets talk in the summer when his contract is $14M and not 23M".

I think it's as close to a guarantee as there is that JC is moved this summer.

I think it's as close to a guarantee as there is that JC is moved this summer.
I would too... its just that JC has survived like 3-4 transaction seasons that I thought we would move him lol.

He's like this girl I dated in high school. Every few months we'd look around and be like "let's give it a go for a few weeks". We'd break it off, date around, and come back to the conclusion that what we had was better.

Clarkson has been so damn bad this season I struggle to see us getting off him without paying.

Clarkson has been so damn bad this season I struggle to see us getting off him without paying.
At two years and 28M in total it’s still got value imo. Definitely not gonna give something up to move it.