What's new

Jae Crowder

It's Olynick that's the odd man out. His rights have been renounced by the Celtics and he will become a UFA. According to NBA TV Crowder is projected to be the Celts starting PF.

With Gordon Hayward now agreeing to a four-year $127M max contract, Celtics management now has a series of transactions to do in order to create cap space. The Celtics would have to pull the qualifying offer on Kelly Olynyk, renounce free agents Jonas Jerebko, James Young, Gerald Green and waive the contracts of Jordan Mickey and Demetrius Jackson (or trade). The Celtics would be left with $27.6M in room and likely need to move the contract of Jae Crowder, Terry Rozier or Marcus Smart. Trading Rozier would have the Celtics short $1M of a max salary a lot.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

You are wrong... smart or crowder have to go.
Go easy on him. I feel like cy has been taking lots of L's lately. Just been off a bit lately. I expect him to bounce back.

And again, if they need to trade Crowder, they can trade him to anyone else and get assets back. They wont have trouble finding a trade partner.

Eh, Crowder makes the Jazz a middling team. It would basically be like picking up Demarre Carroll some years ago.

And again, if they need to trade Crowder, they can trade him to anyone else and get assets back. They wont have trouble finding a trade partner.
And is Wayward going to quibble over $1M? I think he'll say "close enough" if it means keeping a key player. He could have made more with Utah and didn't. So money isn't the #1 consideration.

I'd take Crowder. If Hood explodes and we had Crowder, I think our offense survives. We also get a lot less soft and a lot more tough.

What am I missing?

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/teams/boston-celtics

They are at 75 million the cap is 99 million. Dropping KO brings to 71. Trading Rozier to 69, which is 30 million left. Maybe Im rounding and a bit off, cutting Mickey and Jackson's combined 2.8 million probably makes up for it though.

You are missing Guerschon Yabusele's cap hold of roughly $2.2 million. By just trading Rozier and cutting Jackson the Celtics are still a little over $750,000 short still. By cutting and stretching Mickey they still are a hair short.

You are missing Guerschon Yabusele's cap hold of roughly $2.2 million. By just trading Rozier and cutting Jackson the Celtics are still a little over $750,000 short still. By cutting and stretching Mickey they still are a hair short.

Thanks. I still doubt any trade happens between Utah and Boston unless we want to give them more pieces. Makes more sense to deal someone in a separate deal and get value.

Too bad Goldie didn't do us a solid and insist Boston do a sign and trade.

meh, it always was a one sided relationship.

Did Hayward take into account that the Celtics have one the softest interiors on both sides of the floor in the entire league? I think he's going to learn how good it was here when all of his defense goes to waste because no one is protecting the rim and have a tough time finishing decent defensive possessions because they don't ****ing board.

Did Hayward take into account that the Celtics have one the softest interiors on both sides of the floor in the entire league? I think he's going to learn how good it was here when all of his defense goes to waste because no one is protecting the rim and have a tough time finishing decent defensive possessions because they don't ****ing board.

Gordon I'm sure will help on the glass.

What am I missing?

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/teams/boston-celtics

They are at 75 million the cap is 99 million. Dropping KO brings to 71. Trading Rozier to 69, which is 30 million left. Maybe Im rounding and a bit off, cutting Mickey and Jackson's combined 2.8 million probably makes up for it though.

Cap holds for first rounders and roster spots. Just follow Bobby marks and you'll be fine but don't tell people they wrong when they ain't. Smart or crowder get moved or hayseed takes a pay cut