What's new

James Gunn

Damn, if you read some of the things on the article that he wrote it's pretty bad. I'd feel pretty uncomfortable working with him if I was an actor and worst if I was an actress. Because of that the firing seems justified.

Not sure why Marvel didn't know about this before hiring him though? A 10-min google search would have revealed this.

I did an exhaustive 87 second search and skimming of the evidence, which is overwhelming, so I know what I am talking about. Dude is a douche. Good riddance from one of my favorite movie franchises.

The more I read about this, the more gold it gets. From Ben Shapiro to hypocrisy to karma. Basically, this story sums up political social media warfare. It's bizarre in every way.

I want to say no because internet lynch mobs are moronic, but then I see that he seems to join every internet lynch mob, so. . .

Anyone sum up for me what he did? The article doesn't mention anything, and the other article it links only mentions a couple of jokes he made. Those jokes are immature and sound like something I would've read on MAD when I was a kid, but they are obviously meant to be jokes.

Anyone sum up for me what he did? The article doesn't mention anything, and the other article it links only mentions a couple of jokes he made. Those jokes are immature and sound like something I would've read on MAD when I was a kid, but they are obviously meant to be jokes.

There is some pretty pedo stuff. Not sure how he made it as far as he did before something came if it. Pretty gross stuff.

The lynch mob mentality and those who cave to them are a head scratcher to me. Gunn's jokes were pretty morbid and crossed the line, but they were posted years ago and he's already apologized for them. Can we not forgive as a society? Are there no second chances. I hope the petition to have Disney rehire him works. I like his movie and hear he's a great guy with a big heart. That said, he also bitches a lot online too, so it makes you wonder.

Trevor Noah is also in the news for a joke he made in his standup where he suggested aborigines are all ugly. When you start going after comedians for jokes they said years ago, it means you're a douchebag. The Brewer's Josh Hader is under fire for his tweets from when he was 17 that were homophobic and racist (I believe they were lyrics from songs he posted.) Judge a person for who they are today and a few months back. When it has been years, people change, learn from their mistakes. Many don't too, but I think giving the benefit of doubt is deserved.

People online try and destroy people's lives or demand drastic measures to be taken all to often. It's sad to me.

Don't care enough about this stuff when it comes to millionaires.

If you want to work for Disney, you should probably refrain from making pedophile jokes at any point in your life. And Disney owns half the world, so Wes Mantooth is screwed//

The jokes are fine. Not offended at all. It's just really funny that the supposed "anti-snowflake" right wing people are doing this stuff now. Shows they have 0 principles and are just a complete joke.

Judge a person for who they are today and a few months back. When it has been years, people change, learn from their mistakes. Many don't too, but I think giving the benefit of doubt is deserved.

People online try and destroy people's lives or demand drastic measures to be taken all to often. It's sad to me.

One way to tell who they are today, and how much they have changed, is how the people who know them, especially those of the disparaged groups, react to the shaming. Do they rally around the offender, or keep their distance?

How are the women who work on Gunn's movie reacting (not the highlighted actresses, but the crew) is telling regarding who Gunn is today.

One way to tell who they are today, and how much they have changed, is how the people who know them, especially those of the disparaged groups, react to the shaming. Do they rally around the offender, or keep their distance?

How are the women who work on Gunn's movie reacting (not the highlighted actresses, but the crew) is telling regarding who Gunn is today.
I haven't read about how the women from his crew is acting. Good or bad?

I've read what the actors wrote on Twitter about him. All I've seen is very positive.

I haven't read about how the women from his crew is acting. Good or bad?

I've read what the actors wrote on Twitter about him. All I've seen is very positive.

The women with bit parts, Zoe Saldana, or the men? How you treat those with no power reveals more in this case.

I have no opinion on Gunn personally, and will not boycott the movie based on his involvement or lack thereof. Either way, it's good the issue was raised.

Hollywood Pedophile

Network of them being exposed. Story of the decade.

Pg 294 & 276 IG report on the clinton foundation mentions crimes against children/ sexual exploitation

this NXIVM group, weiner's laptop, stuff being brought to light

if you wanted any kind of fame or power you had to go through them and be part of the club

Hollywood Pedophile

Network of them being exposed. Story of the decade.

Pg 294 & 276 IG report on the clinton foundation mentions crimes against children/ sexual exploitation

this NXIVM group, weiner's laptop, stuff being brought to light

if you wanted any kind of fame or power you had to go through them and be part of the club

^^ This guy has officially replaced Dutch.

Pedophiles don't operate in networks. There are few stupider ways for a pedophile to operate.

Pull up a few words. I could use the laugh at your expense.

Watch out, he might throw a Ron Paul quote at you.

^^ This guy has officially replaced Dutch.

He reminds me so much of my crazy co worker. Sees conspiracy’s in almost everything.

He believes that to be rich in Hollywood means you are part of a satanic cult and that you sacrifice children and drink their blood and stuff. If you don’t do these things then you can’t be rich and famous. He is completely serious about it.