What's new

James Gunn

Tempted to ask why you know, or think you know, but I’ll pass.

I would guess it’s because pedophiles probably don’t want people to know about themselves. Imo pedophilia is frowned upon. Belonging to a group that practices pedophilia would only increase your chances of people finding out about your habit.

I saw that Dan Harmon from Rick and Morty was under fire for a video he made back in 2008ish. He apologized and deleted his Twitter and people are demanding he should be fired. The video is a short of a pilot called Daryl (roughly off of Dexter.) I just watched the video thinking how bad could it possibly be, snowflakes? Dear, Gawd - it's disturbing beyond measures. Wtf.

I saw that Dan Harmon from Rick and Morty was under fire for a video he made back in 2008ish. He apologized and deleted his Twitter and people are demanding he should be fired. The video is a short of a pilot called Daryl (roughly off of Dexter.) I just watched the video thinking how bad could it possibly be, snowflakes? Dear, Gawd - it's disturbing beyond measures. Wtf.
I saw it too. And it absolutely was. That is so far from funny that I think it must show something about his true character, otherwise how would he find it funny in the least, or even come upon the idea. Kind of like the neighbor that seems alright then comes over for a barbecue one day and mentions something heavily racist he found funny, which no other human would other than another racist (that happened, was a shock - it was a "joke" about lynching and dragging blacks behind cars).

I would guess it’s because pedophiles probably don’t want people to know about themselves. Imo pedophilia is frowned upon. Belonging to a group that practices pedophilia would only increase your chances of people finding out about your habit.

But all of those in power are in the pedo ring, so they can't be found out. Don't you listen to Alex Jones? Of course you do. But in case you missed it, he made it clear that Mueller is also a child rapist, and that he often organizes child rape parties. All the democrats are in on it. Trump is just trying to save the children.

Is there no limit to people's stupidity?

P.S. There isn't.

lmao. Have you see the Ricky and Morty origins? It's like a 5 minute sketch about Ricky getting Morty to lick his *********.

lmao. Have you see the Ricky and Morty origins? It's like a 5 minute sketch about Ricky getting Morty to lick his *********.

And then you have the show called Big Mouth. I’m sure many people would get so offended watching that one.
Rubashov and trout recommended it so I watched it. Hilarious.

It only takes one person to make one mistake, and everything goes boom.
See the first episode of Mr. Robot for something along these lines. One rogue hacker gets curious about bandwidth usage at a coffee shop and the whole house of pedophile cards comes crashing down.

Another MLB player is in hot water for tweets he made 7 years ago when he was 18 including a tweet with a line from the movie white chicks.

1) Every athlete should have their social media accounts scrubbed. Obviously, I'd hope they wouldn't make dumb comments in the first place.

2) These lunch mobs and outraged crybabies who try and ruin people they don't know for dumb comments they made years ago need to get a life - same with the media for actually feeding them with publicity.

2) These lunch mobs and outraged crybabies who try and ruin people they don't know for dumb comments they made years ago need to get a life - same with the media for actually feeding them with publicity.

Even the real creeps rarely get their lives ruined. Usually, they just get inconvenienced for a few months, and then it's back to business as usual. Today's example: Chris Hardwick.

So, stop living in (vicarious?) fear over being called out. If you're not a serial harasser, there will be almost no long-term difference in your life.

Even the real creeps rarely get their lives ruined. Usually, they just get inconvenienced for a few months, and then it's back to business as usual. Today's example: Chris Hardwick.

So, stop living in (vicarious?) fear over being called out. If you're not a serial harasser, there will be almost no long-term difference in your life.
Chris Hardwick's life has been more than just inconvenienced for a few months, guy.

So two months and a stain on your character (deserved or not deserved) is an "inconvenience"?

An inconvenience is when you stop at a gas station and they don't have your favorite drink in stock.

So two months and a stain on your character (deserved or not deserved) is an "inconvenience"?

An inconvenience is when you stop at a gas station and they don't have your favorite drink in stock.

For people with the power and breadth-of-work that Hardwick possesses, yes. Compared to the impact his behavior has had on his Dykstra, yes again.

I don't know, man. If my name was blasted online (on the front page of many websites) because of something I said years ago that perpetrated me as homophobic, a racist, etc for things I said as a teenager and close to 10 years ago, I'm sure it would mentally **** with me and give many a false prejudgement of my character.

Let's be honest here, this is a lot worse than a few months of ridicule. Their names will forever be online with articles that say "racists" and "homophobic." Dude posted a line from white chicks and now he's being called a racist 7 years later. Give me a break.

This is not to say I condone their tweets or simply wanna brush them under the rug. It's saying give them the benefit of the doubt before you drag them through the mud. People say some stupid **** in high school. I know I certainly did. People change. People learn. People progress. Not everyone, obviously but this **** is getting old to me.

Sarah Jeong got a free pass from the NYTs, her employer, for her Twitter history. I thought good for them and then read her tweets. The only thing I can think of is there's a huge double standard.