What's new

Game Thread Jan 01, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Warriors

Added to Calendar: 01-01-22

Anybody hear anything regarding Conley, Ingles and Paschal? We need to call in the cavalry for this one.
I’m assuming that Whiteside is out with concussion protocols.

Back to back for us and our 3rd game in 4 nights. The Warriors meanwhile haven't played in 4 days.

Is Draymond still out for covid protocol?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Draymond Green isn’t expected to return for the Warriors tomorrow in Utah against the Jazz, but Steve Kerr said there’s hope of possible return when Warriors get back home. Still hasn’t cleared protocols.</p>&mdash; Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) <a href="">December 31, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Definitely the most important game of the season so far. Our best chance at WCF this year is to force a conference semi between Suns and GSW

Looks like Mike and Joe are good to go but no Whiteside. Looks like we'll get another opportunity to try out our small ball lineup with Gay at the 5.

Last edited:
Definitely need all hands on deck for this one
Hope everyones ready to play
Definitely the most important game of the season so far. Our best chance at WCF this year is to force a conference semi between Suns and GSW
Definitely a more high stakes game that I’d hope we’d be up for, but I recall two head-to-head high stakes games last year down the stretch where we understood the meaning against Phoenix and **** the bed both times.

OK, so it's basketball time already.

I looked at the standings.

No dispute here on the facts: This is our most important game so far this year. It is a must win game*

Looks like we're worn out and the opponent is rested. Looks like we're short on talent and beat up. If we don't win this one, we won't give up.

*LA-style Plan B: Figure out who we can beat and slide into the slot to face them in the first round of the playoffs. Bribe some refs to get the Warriors knocked out in the first round, and the Suns too. And whoever we face in the second round. Oh damn, we can't play ourselves in the finals. What are we going to do them???? Planning "Plan B" makes my head hurt. Maybe it's easier to just win tonight.

full disclosure: I like Houston too.