What's new

Game Thread Jan 03, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 01-03-22

So… they can award possession to whoever would have gotten it after the wrong call, but when they blew an inadvertent goaltend whistle a few weeks ago when we had possession, it’s a jump ball.
Also they can guess what would have happened as the whistle blew… but when a guy straight arms a Rudy with both arms and his momentum of working through that makes him bump the MOVING player it’s still an offensive foul because they can only consider the contact at the play and not .5 seconds directly before that was 100% the reason contact happened.

I swear these refs are getting worse and worse with their judgement and consistency.

The Jazz shot the ball well, but that was a very low quality game. Didn't look like an NBA game a few times.

Couple dumb stints in this game robbed us of Jared Butler time yet again.

Go up 15-17 and Don gets cute on a layup that misses ( after a nice steal) and Rudy misses an alley oop dunk. Then no one is back and Joe kinda waives at the guy as he goes past. Lead down to like 10 instead of being 20.

Trent Forrest as we are up 10 commits two straight turnovers… one in semi transition on a very simple pass and the other when iffy defender Devonte Graham is able to just reach in and poke the ball loose because Forrest was loose with it… he sucks with the ball and he sucks without it because he’s a garbage shooter. His defense is solid but it in no way justifies him getting time. This is like the fourth time he’s gotten ripped in iso not doing a damn thing with it. Quin needs to wake up.

Donovan was amazing down the stretch on both sides of the ball… Rudy had some great plays too… the block on JV at the end was amazing because he dropped all the way from the top to defend the post.

Jose Alvarado is a ****ing hacker and should have fouled out in the second quarter… why do refs decide one guy can reach across and slap or grab the whole time up the court and others, Dante comes to mind, will get called for finger tip fouls… it makes no sense.

Also I loved how no one on the broadcast could figure out that willie Green was mad about the non call on Ingram… holy **** they were a bumbling mess… Holly throws out maybe they called a clear path? It’s just rough out there.

Also I loved how no one on the broadcast could figure out that willie Green was mad about the non call on Ingram… holy **** they were a bumbling mess… Holly throws out maybe they called a clear path? It’s just rough out there.
The pelicans announcers said it has nothing to do with the current game. He's been frustrated for awhile that Ingram doesn't get respect from refs and possibly trying to motivate Ingram.

The pelicans announcers said it has nothing to do with the current game. He's been frustrated for awhile that Ingram doesn't get respect from refs and possibly trying to motivate Ingram.
Yeah but our announcers were like “well hart bumped Bojan… does he think it was a foul on Bojan… maybe he called a clear path…” the truck guys had to take them back to the right play and show it on the broadcast and they were still a little confused.

I honestly have no idea why the Pelicans would want to trade Hart but I think he'd fit in great on the Jazz if we could somehow get him. We could move Royce to the bench and Hart would be an upgrade in the starting lineup.

They were a bumbling mess. More than usual. But calling a game remotely can't be easy.