What's new

Game Thread Jan 05, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-05-22

I think one of Whiteside or Gobert plays. I wonder if House will be available for the game.
Have they even signed house yet? I thought this was still a rumor.

Have they even signed house yet? I thought this was still a rumor.
Shams reported it so it's not just a rumor. It's gonna happen, just not official yet. Delay could be because they are trying to sign him to hardship exemption instead of a regular 10-day. That would save Jazz some tax money but it likely requires another player to be out.

Shams reported it so it's not just a rumor. It's gonna happen, just not official yet. Delay could be because they are trying to sign him to hardship exemption instead of a regular 10-day. That would save Jazz some tax money but it likely requires another player to be out.
There is some debate on this… because we don’t have all the mandatory roster spots filled the first 10 day likely has to be a normal one. It’s all in flux… so who knows. Based on the injuries we have I suspect we need to sign him before the game to have the minimum amount of active players.

No just saying everything else they have is bad (as a group… Gordon Barton are solid) Morris may be out. So it’s a lot of Facu and Rivers.
Yeah, but the Jazz will be guarding Jokic with Gay/Paschall. I just see no way Jokic doesnt win this game in his 33 minutes or w/e he plays.

I'd imagine Hassan plays. If not, I'll make a hot take and say Udoka will return, will lock down Jokic, then we'll be able to offload him without a second round pick.

I'd imagine Hassan plays. If not, I'll make a hot take and say Udoka will return, will lock down Jokic, then we'll be able to offload him without a second round pick.
Udoka more likely jumps at a block and lands on Jokic which creates a mass brawl between the Jokic brothers and the entire Utah team... sadly we lose.

No way Udoka actually plays. The dude was painfully out of shape before his injury. I can only imagine it's worse now.

Udoka more likely jumps at a block and lands on Jokic which creates a mass brawl between the Jokic brothers and the entire Utah team... sadly we lose.
Udoka will do to Joker’s foot what Shaq did to Greg Foster’s.

I wouldn't mind trying a small ball lineup with Paschall at the 5 just to see how it goes. Gay at the 5 has not been great.

I wouldn't mind trying a small ball lineup with Paschall at the 5 just to see how it goes. Gay at the 5 has not been great.
Its our system and not Gay necessarily. Neither guy is a rim protector and our perimeter defenders are turnstiles. It will be a layup line.

Small ball is really to open up the offense and hopefully you survive on defense. My biggest issue with our small ball offense is it becomes my turn your turn and we get ****** shots. Until we change our defensive tenets and personnel small ball is not gonna work.

Its our system and not Gay necessarily. Neither guy is a rim protector and our perimeter defenders are turnstiles. It will be a layup line.

Small ball is really to open up the offense and hopefully you survive on defense. My biggest issue with our small ball offense is it becomes my turn your turn and we get ****** shots. Until we change our defensive tenets and personnel small ball is not gonna work.

I think a lineup of say Conley/Forrest/Royce/Paschall/Gay could be good defensively but then we wouldn't be able to score.

There is some debate on this… because we don’t have all the mandatory roster spots filled the first 10 day likely has to be a normal one. It’s all in flux… so who knows. Based on the injuries we have I suspect we need to sign him before the game to have the minimum amount of active players.
Yeah, that's true as well. It's a little confusing, Jazz have 2 weeks if they don't want to sign anyone so I don't know which should take precedence.

Yeah, that's true as well. It's a little confusing, Jazz have 2 weeks if they don't want to sign anyone so I don't know which should take precedence.
Maybe it is a hardship.... we should get our two weeks right... but with the covid rules they force it... I'm sure they can push the league to give them a break.