What's new

Game Thread Jan 05, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Rockets

Added to Calendar: 01-05-23

Hardy said Ochai deserved the game ball. Impressive on a 49 point game night from Lauri. I was pleased to see them both do so well.

And the pre-game story of Kessler declaring himself Lauri's campaign manager and handing the team and coaches a Finnisher sweatshirt was pretty funny. Especially when Lauri told him he wasn't going to pay him and he looked momentarily crestfallen, but then declared he'd do it for free. Amusing stuff.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Decent game from THT but I have to wonder if he’s being showcased as NAW wasn’t that awful in the Sac game to lose his spot I didn’t think.
He isn't.

I think Hardy just has specific things he wants his role players to do (that aren't directly tied to the box score), and if they aren't doing them, he is going to give the benched guy a shot.

He isn't.

I think Hardy just has specific things he wants his role players to do (that aren't directly tied to the box score), and if they aren't doing them, he is going to give the benched guy a shot.
I think this is smart from Hardy not to let THT outside of the rotation. He is young and can be part of the rebuild. NAW will have opportunity to play.

I don’t think that’s true. I do remember a lot of us being pissed that Lauri wasn’t getting enough shots in the second half and 4th quarter specifically which was absolute true.
Ya im curious who those people were. I mean Markennen has been playing like an all star pretty much all season long.
If we didn't get markennen in the trade or if we would have traded with the knicks instead of cleveland then we would probably be right at the bottom of the standings. He has carried this team.

NAW, NAW is always in the conversation, all it takes is another bad game from THT or another Conley injury, or maybe both!
Weird though that he had such a good stretch of games and looked fantastic and then gets a dnp when sexton is out of the lineup.

I love that KO only played 21 minutes. Way below his season average of 29. Scored 2 points in his 21 minutes. And since offense is kind of his thing (he is really bad at defense) 2 points is not good. Glad Hardy limited his minutes.

He isn't.

Or it was matchup based.

I don’t think that’s true. I do remember a lot of us being pissed that Lauri wasn’t getting enough shots in the second half and 4th quarter specifically which was absolute true.
Yep. We begging for him to get more touches and what do you know he gets more touches and is blowing up. What a strange concept that you would want your best player who is crazy efficient to get more touches.