What's new

Game Thread Jan 05, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Rockets

Added to Calendar: 01-05-23

Do I want us to win this game is the question I have started asking,

Answer is... I dont care. As a great philosopher (@LogGrad98 ) once said, "a win is a win and a loss is a win". I finally understand.

All jokes aside.. I think #1 goal in my mind right now is to stay ahead of the Wolves just to cause further implosions there. Worst case for the tank is we make the playoffs... but it would be good to see how Lauri and the others would perform there. Best case (for the tank) would be us getting 11th and Wolves at 12th.

I think Wolves absolute bottom is at #12 and that assumes both us and Lakers finish above them. I have little faith in OKC even though they did beat down Boston few days ago. On the other hand, I cannot see Wolves climbing much above the 10th seed due to their insane end of season schedule.

**** the tank.

We have 42 games to go. Anyone who wants to watch their team lose for that long doesn't even like basketball and I have to ask what the hell they're doing. Why not just quit?
It has nothing to do with wanting to lose, it's about understanding the fact we're not good enough to win and accepting the fact the losses can theoretically help our draft position next year allowing us to become good enough to compete at a higher level. I'm enjoying watching the guys compete (although I'd rather see the young guys absorb more of the minutes for reasons that I've covered before) and the losses just don't bother me knowing where we're at as far as development at this current time.

Do I want us to win this game is the question I have started asking,

Answer is... I dont care. As a great philosopher (@LogGrad98 ) once said, "a win is a win and a loss is a win". I finally understand.

All jokes aside.. I think #1 goal in my mind right now is to stay ahead of the Wolves just to cause further implosions there. Worst case for the tank is we make the playoffs... but it would be good to see how Lauri and the others would perform there. Best case (for the tank) would be us getting 11th and Wolves at 12th.

I think Wolves absolute bottom is at #12 and that assumes both us and Lakers finish above them. I have little faith in OKC even though they did beat down Boston few days ago. On the other hand, I cannot see Wolves climbing much above the 10th seed due to their insane end of season schedule.
Agreed.

To be fair I believe the great philosopher was @fishonjazz , I just did what any great American does to be successful, steal shamelessly.

**** the tank.

We have 42 games to go. Anyone who wants to watch their team lose for that long doesn't even like basketball and I have to ask what the hell they're doing. Why not just quit?
What about watching them fail year after year after year. Not sure how you can do that year after year after year and like basketball. This is the only way a team like Utah can win. How do you think the spurs did it? By getting the #1 pick in a year there was an all time great. How do you think any small market team does it? By getting an all time great and there just so happens to be one of those Presumably. Nothing good earned is easy. Let’s sacrifice a year to be great the next ten. It’s a small price to pay. Do you think Spurs fans look back and think I wish the spurs hadn’t tanked that one year? I think not it propelled them to a dynasty.

The beginning of the season was super fun but last five games were probably the most enjoyable losing streak ever. We were competitive, had some nice plays here and there and lost by a possession or two. In the end you can't be mad that they came down to earth and it improves our draft position.

The beginning of the season was super fun but last five games were probably the most enjoyable losing streak ever. We were competitive, had some nice plays here and there and lost by a possession or two. In the end you can't be mad that they came down to earth and it improves our draft position.
can't be mad per se, if they lost enough to be in the top 10, but it will only make the front office more likely to become buyers, if they don't start winning again fast. The idea that Danny Ainge is down with tanking is a bad guess I bet they still finish in the play in range at the least.
Maybe the Jazz roll with who they have, regardless of current struggles, but I can see some type of attempt to get better, not intentional tank moves soon

can't be mad per se, if they lost enough to be in the top 10, but it will only make the front office more likely to become buyers, if they don't start winning again fast. The idea that Danny Ainge is down with tanking is a bad guess I bet they still finish in the play in range at the least.
Maybe the Jazz roll with who they have, regardless of current struggles, but I can see some type of attempt to get better, not intentional tank moves soon
I put my money on tank moves over get better moves.