What's new

Game Thread Jan 05, 2024 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Celtics

Added to Calendar: 01-05-24

THT played ok I thought.
Not very efficient and no assists but he also was aggressive and had zero turnovers and played some good defense.
Of course it was all garbage time so it doesn't mean a whole lot. Still nice to see
Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

THT played ok I thought.
Not very efficient and no assists but he also was aggressive and had zero turnovers and played some good defense.
Of course it was all garbage time so it doesn't mean a whole lot. Still nice to see
Hard to get assist when guys miss open looks

On the bright side, this game did strengthen the THT +/-. He might be leading the team now

Imagine being down so bad you’re celebrating a dude strengthening his +/- when he only got in the 4th quarter of a 30-point blowout lmao.

Hard to get assist when guys miss open looks
Yep. He had some good passes. I remember one in particular to Luka who bricked the shot. Luka was extra bad tonight

I hate the classic "we didnt make shots, they did" kind of thing but it certainly applies here. We had plenty of good looks from 3 and got up some layups, but missed both consistently.

However truth is that whether its shotmaking, playmaking or individual 1on1 defense, the quality difference between us and the Celtics is massive. The shooting disparity just made it more apparent. To beat contenders, we need to both outwork them and have a better shooting night than them. I feel like they matched or even topped our energy and intensity, and when you add the fact that we couldnt hit the side of the barn, the result is a 30 point blowout.

Only positive that jumped out at me was the 5 assists by Lauri. He has now 3 of those 5 assist showings in our past 7 games. Compare that to November where he had 7 assists total in 11 games. Its really the biggest part of his game I hoped he could improve, and right now he is making more headsup passes to teammates that are in more advantageous positions. He is never gonna be a facilitator, but he needs to utilize his gravity to set up wide open shots, or otherwise he will just get double teamed into oblivion.

I hate the classic "we didnt make shots, they did" kind of thing but it certainly applies here. We had plenty of good looks from 3 and got up some layups, but missed both consistently.

However truth is that whether its shotmaking, playmaking or individual 1on1 defense, the quality difference between us and the Celtics is massive. The shooting disparity just made it more apparent. To beat contenders, we need to both outwork them and have a better shooting night than them. I feel like they matched or even topped our energy and intensity, and when you add the fact that we couldnt hit the side of the barn, the result is a 30 point blowout.

Only positive that jumped out at me was the 5 assists by Lauri. He has now 3 of those 5 assist showings in our past 7 games. Compare that to November where he had 7 assists total in 11 games. Its really the biggest part of his game I hoped he could improve, and right now he is making more headsup passes to teammates that are in more advantageous positions. He is never gonna be a facilitator, but he needs to utilize his gravity to set up wide open shots, or otherwise he will just get double teamed into oblivion.
Stop. This was not missing shots. Jazz looked terrified out there (besides Sexton)