What's new

Game Thread Jan 06, 2021 5:30PM MT: Jazz at Knicks

Added to Calendar: 01-06-21

I'm not all doom and gloom (once the game is over at least during the game I have all the swears directed at all the players and coaches) as I know plenty of teams have had bad losses. The start of this season has been a bit of a strange one league wide. Heck TOR had just barely won their first game, I think they were the last team in the NBA to get a win.

I also remember that for whatever reason the Jazz just struggle when they go to NYC and like others had said, was hoping with everything going on and not being able to go out that it would not be an issue.

I'm not all doom and gloom (once the game is over at least during the game I have all the swears directed at all the players and coaches) as I know plenty of teams have had bad losses. The start of this season has been a bit of a strange one league wide. Heck TOR had just barely won their first game, I think they were the last team in the NBA to get a win.

I also remember that for whatever reason the Jazz just struggle when they go to NYC and like others had said, was hoping with everything going on and not being able to go out that it would not be an issue.

Brooklyn lost 4 games straight with Durant before beating us. They were super motivated and we thought we already figured everything out after Clippers and Spurs games.

I ain't gonna lie bro you a top 5 poster here even if you troll . You speak a lot of facts, but these guys can't accept it.

I'm also one of those rare Jazz fans that thinks Melo is still the missing piece. He'd probably make Quin Snyder look like Phil Jackson.

I'll be back in force on January 26 when my Knicks once again rout the Jazz.

Yes, I know that I know more about basketball than the entire population of Utah combined. I'm a New Yorker. We know basketball and mobsters.

And, yup, Melo at this point in his perfect career is the perfect missing piece for a team that is six or seven seed quality. Adding Melo and his career average 23.5 points a game turns that seven seed team to a top three playoff team. Plus if the Jazz signed him, Melo could no longer kill the Jazz. Your dreaded enemy is now on your team.

Last edited:

Yes, I know that I know more about basketball than the entire population of Utah combined. I'm a New Yorker. We know basketball and mobsters.

And, yup, Melo at this point in his perfect career is the perfect missing piece for a team that is six or seven seed quality. Adding Melo and his career average 23.5 points a game turns that seven seed team to a top three playoff team. Plus if the Jazz signed him, Melo could no longer kill the Jazz. Your dreaded enemy is now on your team.

Congratulations for yesterday MTJK.

images.jpeg

NY is the Mecca of hip hop, boxing (besides Michigan), and basketball legends. If you don't know anything about basketball or boxing yet you claim NY you really not a NYer in many NYers eyes. And New Yorkers know their boxing and hip hop too. I'm a beast coast cat myself.

9/10 you come in here and say the right thing. In the words of the late Prodigy, "You ****in with a Dirty New Yorker!"

NY is the Mecca of hip hop, boxing, and basketball legends.
I won't list all the NY hip hop and basketball legends - massive amount - but the boxing legends can be shown with just the heavyweight champion names.

Of the roughly 50 linear heavyweight champions of the world, USA leads the way with most champions...but here's the best part: of 50 legit heavyweight champions, New York has produced eight of them:

Gene Tunney
Jack Sharkey
Jim J. Braddock
Floyd Patterson
Mike Tyson
Riddick Bowe
Shannon Briggs
and, yeah, due to tri-state status you have to include
Jersey Joe Walcott

That's an astonishing number. 8 out of 50. Every country on Earth is involved, and New York has put forward eight champions....far more than any other area.

And above all that, the greatest boxer - heck, the greatest sportsman that ever lived - Sugar Ray Robinson was a New Yorker (raised in Harlem).

New York is king of sports, music, literature, theater....everything. Oh, and did I mention movies? Not Hollywood, it is New Yorkers that are the kings of filmmaking: -- Scorsese, Coppola, Sidney Lumet, Woody Allen, Peter Bogdanovich, Mel Brooks, Spike Lee, Kubrick...and of course the greatest filmmaker in history....Sylvester Stallone.

I won't list all the NY hip hop and basketball legends - massive amount - but the boxing legends can be shown with just the heavyweight champion names.

Of the roughly 50 linear heavyweight champions of the world, USA leads the way with most champions...but here's the best part: of 50 legit heavyweight champions, New York has produced eight of them:

Gene Tunney
Jack Sharkey
Jim J. Braddock
Floyd Patterson
Mike Tyson
Riddick Bowe
Shannon Briggs
and, yeah, due to tri-state status you have to include
Jersey Joe Walcott

That's an astonishing number. 8 out of 50. Every country on Earth is involved, and New York has put forward eight champions....far more than any other area.

And above all that, the greatest boxer - heck, the greatest sportsman that ever lived - Sugar Ray Robinson was a New Yorker (raised in Harlem).

New York is king of sports, music, literature, theater....everything. Oh, and did I mention movies? Not Hollywood, it is New Yorkers that are the kings of filmmaking: -- Scorsese, Coppola, Sidney Lumet, Woody Allen, Peter Bogdanovich, Mel Brooks, Spike Lee, Kubrick...and of course the greatest filmmaker in history....Sylvester Stallone.
Absolutely. Spot on. NY will turn you into a bad mf. I'd say your chances of becoming a public figure skyrockets if you are born and raised in NY..

I see you make some pretty good points here to some of these guys who retaliate with the lamest comebacks ever. We have a decent team, but this franchise still carries these outdated traditions that will stagnate us from progressing, and the fans stand up for it. I mean, damn, it took 10 years after Sloan left to let the players wear headbands. We cut Derrick Rose without giving him opportunity and then he makes our franchise look stupid the next season by lighting us up for 50..

A large portion of People from Utah are kind of out of the loop as far as things such as black culture goes. Its absolutely embarrassing how hundreds of Utah citizens handled the BLM/Mitchell situation... Jesus.

I grew up on the Jazz, it was my childhood team, but the people of Utah seem to come off as privileged. They wouldn't dare take a step into NY with their outdated beliefs and say the things they say over social media.

The people of Utah are stereotyped a certain way. I am sure you are aware of that. To be honest, I could care less about the people of Utah. I don't come here and rag on them (and believe me, it would be easy). I come here because a few years ago I saw the Utah Jazz team as a team that I wish we had in New York. Hayward, Gobert, Ingles, Burks, Hood, Diaw, Trey Burke, Hood...you had no elite players but you played an entertaining brand of team basketball. Plus you were good. Making the playoffs. Then when you added Donovan Mitchell....I wished the Jazz were shown on TV more than the twice a year they usually got.

But now? The Jazz are sad. We slaughtered the Jazz. We are so far above them. The Knicks right now are the future of the NBA, Jazz are yesterday's leftovers. I invite all of you Jazz fans to leave your sinking ship and become Knick fans. We play you again on January 26. Root for us. Root for winners.

The people of Utah are stereotyped a certain way. I am sure you are aware of that. To be honest, I could care less about the people of Utah. I don't come here and rag on them (and believe me, it would be easy). I come here because a few years ago I saw the Utah Jazz team as a team that I wish we had in New York. Hayward, Gobert, Ingles, Burks, Hood, Diaw, Trey Burke, Hood...you had no elite players but you played an entertaining brand of team basketball. Plus you were good. Making the playoffs. Then when you added Donovan Mitchell....I wished the Jazz were shown on TV more than the twice a year they usually got.

But now? The Jazz are sad. We slaughtered the Jazz. We are so far above them. The Knicks right now are the future of the NBA, Jazz are yesterday's leftovers. I invite all of you Jazz fans to leave your sinking ship and become Knick fans. We play you again on January 26. Root for us. Root for winners.
Maybe it's just what I see on IG and twitter. I know NYers are the most vocal fans of all, and if Don played for his hometown team he'd probably be more upset than he is with Jazz fans. But our fanbase can say some ignorant things to our players, especially if they are outspoken on racial inequality. Wypipo seem to hate, and I mean hate when racial inequality gets brought up.

I'll stay a Jazz fan, but I appreciate the offer. Y'all should've never traded Strickland. He's my 2nd favorite ex Knick of all time, behind John Starks (who retired in Utah).

Also liked Tim Thomas. Wish he would've had a run here in Utah.