What's new

Game Thread Jan 06, 2021 5:30PM MT: Jazz at Knicks

Added to Calendar: 01-06-21

Listening to Knicks call of the game and Frazier couldn’t believe Clarkson was taken out ... that changed the game ...

Mitchell looks like a deer in headlights ... and gobert is just cooked in the mind ...

One comment from shaq now we have a 200million problem , it should of spurred Rudy on , instead he has gone backwards .

I think we are a crowd team ... we need an audience to cheer us on ... that’s why you see so many lob sided scores right now in the nba

I thought we lost it at end of the first half after we built the big lead. We suddenly started to turn the ball over at an alarming rate(some of these unforced) , Conley had a really rough stretch in particular and the Knicks had momentum which carried into the 3rd quarter.

Elfrid Payton with 22 pts on 10/15 shooting. It seems we have a hard time defending guards with some size who can get downhill.
Just shoots over Conley
Shaq Harrison could have helped here
giphy-2021-01-06-T231616-080.gif

After that Portland game I thought this team had really put together something different and amazing.

Fools gold. We are just an average first round exit team.

Dm -20
Rudy -18
Royce -11
Conley -12
Bogey -16

total = -77

Joe +1
Jc +2
Favs +6
Niang +8

Total =+17

give Niang Max now!!

Have the Jazz ever played well on their first huge road trip of the season? Seems like this is par for the course, which obviously isnt a good sign, but i'm not in Chicken Little mode yet.

I was surprised when Kristen was talking about what Donovan had told after Brooklyn game. Something about "we need to be faster with our decision making". Given how many dumb turnovers we have every game I would rather expect the opposite of that.

Have the Jazz ever played well on their first huge road trip of the season? Seems like this is par for the course, which obviously isnt a good sign, but i'm not in Chicken Little mode yet.
Agreed. We see this every year. Always makes me wonder if they really do 4 hour practices and they aren't in the best shape right now....

Random? He did it two nights ago -- 10-0 run, 10 straight fourth quarter points.

And I have news for you: this was only his third game this year! Been injured throughout training camp and beginning of season. Just his third game and he torched you!
I ain't gonna lie bro you a top 5 poster here even if you troll . You speak a lot of facts, but these guys can't accept it.

I'm also one of those rare Jazz fans that thinks Melo is still the missing piece. He'd probably make Quin Snyder look like Phil Jackson.

This season when Mitchell drives there is a higher chance that he misses the layup or turns it over than making the shot (either by making the layup or passing).

I also feel all season (even in the good games) that the 2nd Qtr has been where the Jazz have the most TO's not sure why that is ....

After the preseason and first game I thought the Jazz finally were able to move on from their TO problems but nope they are just as bad as ever. I said it last year and I'll say it again if there was a way to track consecutive TO's I bet the Jazz would lead the league, hell if they only get 2 in a row once a game that would be a HUGE improvement.

I also bet they lead the league in MLA that lead to points for the other team, which I also said last year, a MLA is pretty much the same as a open court TO for the Jazz.