What's new

Game Thread Jan 07, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Bulls

Added to Calendar: 01-07-23

Good tanking effort tonight. Poor coaching, lot of Gay and Beasley ( when he can't shoot ), he is useless, defense, a concept we still have to learn. And 40 3 at 30% . If you take out Ochai and Mike who shoot well at 3 tonight , we hit 5 3pt on 30 attempt...... No one win games playing like this.

The vets are the ones losing these games. Gay, Conley, KO have all been absolutely terrible. Trading them away is no tanking move.

Doesn't have to be those guys that we trade, I'm talking more about guys like JC, Beasley and maybe even Vanderbilt.

This game really made me mad.

I can handle it when a front office decides to tank and constructs the roster accordingly. I won't like it... not one bit... but I can handle it. At least its an honest decision.

What I can't handle is regularly feeling like the head coach is helping the opposition. In games. That's the kind of stuff that poisons a team and and turns guys against him.

Very very unwise.

Jazz are lowkey tanking, imo. It's one thing if Lavine is getting hot, but it's another if there are like no efforts made to effectively defend DeRozan.
Low key tanking and this teams is just horrible defensively. They need to have a good shooting night or they are toast. Clarkson is a good starter on a ****** team. He isn't a good starter on a good/great team. It is what it is.

Hardy pulled the biggest tanking move of the season when he sat Lauri with 7:32 to go in the 4th in a 2-point game. When Lauri came back at 4:35 it was a 10-point deficit. Atrocious coaching.
I agree, Hardy is managing the tank even it is not something he can admit. Lauri sitting in the 4th is the perfect example we are not trying anymore to win. Which make sense for me. The FO see what many of us see. We are not good enough to expect anything this yer. Fighting like dogs to end 8-10 has zeo interest. Losing as much as we can and get lucky in the lottery if the best we can do right now. Not exciting to end the season but this is the reality for me .

Right now KO is useless. He still might be hurting from the ankle and that makes his quickness glacial at best. Could we trade him for a bag of potato chips or the rights to Rayjohn Tucker?

Hardy pulled the biggest tanking move of the season when he sat Lauri with 7:32 to go in the 4th in a 2-point game. When Lauri came back at 4:35 it was a 10-point deficit. Atrocious coaching.
Not atrocious coaching. Hardy is far too smart for that. He knows what he's doing, Of course there was no reason to "rest" Lauri.

It's blatant tanking.

As I said, this is very dangerous. You don't sabotage your own team when the guys are trying to win. Construct an intentionally bad roster, trade away players, sure... but don't sabotage.

This stuff ruins the morale of the team and weakens Lauri's AS chances.