What's new

Game Thread Jan 10, 2024 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-10-24

Weirdly, this is the battle of the hottest teams in the NBA. There are three teams tying the league best 8-2 record in their last ten, and those are Celtics, Nuggest and Jazz.

How many had that in their bingo cards before the season?

Denver has 1 day rest advantage, but this isnt a back to back for us and we are playing home, so I'm not counting that to have a major effect. This game is also the start of a very busy homestand where we play 6 games in 9 days at Delta Center.

Will be a good test to look if we can be a play-in team, Denver is still tbe best team in NBA with Boston so should be fun,. Go Jazz!

I feel like I'm in a dream stage where I go watch every game and think "is the magic gonna run out tonight?". Then at times I start thinking that it isnt even magic, that we are just a good basketball team.

Lets be the first believer in this thread and declare that we win and its not us, but Denver, who is due.

To find biased evidence to support my weak belief, I went to look at their last 10 and compared it to ours. Its fair to say we have gotten our 8-2 against a much tougher schedule. I mean their 8 wins are all against teams that are currently sub .500, and the only 2 games against above .500 teams they lost. Now I know we are technically sub .500, but I'm predicting thats not gonna last for long.

1704898322109.png

We can't afford to come out flat against these guys. Spot them a big lead and we'll get thumped. If we compete from the tip I think we have an outside shot at winning this. That being said, if I'm putting money on it, I'd be betting nugs. Line is 6.5, but I'm not sure Denver covers.

Curious to see how it plays out between the starting lineups. Thought we had a good gameplan and execution against Giannis, but Jokic is a whole different challenge.

Seriously though, it wouldn't surprise me if Denver rests somebody for this game. They have a penchant for trying to game the standings, and the Jazz displacing the Lakers or the Wariors would be fine by them.

May be to early in the season for that type of stuff though. . .

Seriously though, it wouldn't surprise me if Denver rests somebody for this game. They have a penchant for trying to game the standings, and the Jazz displacing the Lakers or the Wariors would be fine by them.

May be to early in the season for that type of stuff though. . .
No one is gaming the standings in January ...

My prediction is ... Game better be good or I fall asleep before it ends. I have no read on us right now... could be a Boston stinker or a Bucks surprise.

My prediction is ... Game better be good or I fall asleep before it ends. I have no read on us right now... could be a Boston stinker or a Bucks surprise.
The Nuggets have been winning, but not all blowouts and some close (at least on paper) wins to mediocre-ish teams. So there is hope it isn't a terrible game.

Just think Utah is probably due for a letdown performance after a great road trip (that was great on the back of injury luck, let's not kid ourselves). If the Jazz win tonight, it's going to be on the backs of Lauri/Clarkson. Don't think the Dunn gimmick works against the Nuggs.

Could see Sexton going off too. Or I could see him getting benched because the Nuggs expose him on D.