What's new

Game Thread Jan 10, 2024 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-10-24

I predict a solid win but it’s going to take yeoman’s work from the head of the snake on defense - Kessler and Dunn.
Best bet is spread the floor against Jokic and hope your offense guys goes off early and then hope Walker can dominate the non-Jokic minutes defensively. Then hope Walker can give you like 5 good minutes against Jokic.

I expect extended minutes from Kessler on Jokic. Nobody else stands a chance in single coverage.
Kessler doesn't stand a chance either. Best to maximize the non Jokic minutes and try to make him play D on the other end. Of course you need some minutes from Walker on Jokic, but Jokic is going to eat regardless of who you put on him.

Kessler doesn't stand a chance either. Best to maximize the non Jokic minutes and try to make him play D on the other end. Of course you need some minutes from Walker on Jokic, but Jokic is going to eat regardless of who you put on him.
Jokic is an effing cheat code... this fanbase of all fanbases should know. Even Rudy had problems. I think the best arrangement is when you have a guy like Favs that can body him and Rudy to help or switch off a bit but that worked before he leveled up and the team around him leveled up. Basically go single coverage he scores a lot... double and he makes all the right reads and the Nuggs cut and move a lot cuz they know he will find them.

The best bet is to hope he is a little disinterested and half asses it a bit and no other Nuggs go off.

Yeah with Murray, Porter, KCP etc., we gonna need a solid effort defensively all the way around. Maybe have to unleash the THT Dynomite Tasmanian Devil tonight. Let’s see if Clarkson and Key are able to hold up their end of the bargain.

Against our starting unit Jokic is going to have to chase out to the corner to contest Collins. If Collins is hitting early that causes issues for Denvers D

Jokic is a Clydesdale not a Thoroughbred, I think Kessler is still our best match up.
It's not about speed, it's about technique, toughness and experience. Walker is a soft 1-on-1 defender, and Jokic will just flat out toy with him near the perimeter.

Besides, in his current form Kessler should stay near the rim anyway. He's by far the most useful there. I'm not crazy about the idea of putting Lauri on Jokic because it takes away from his offense, but that might still be the best option. As said above, Jokic will get his against anybody, but Lauri as the 1st line of defense and then Kessler at the rim may be the most effective combination.

It's not about speed, it's about technique, toughness and experience. Walker is a soft 1-on-1 defender, and Jokic will just flat out toy with him near the perimeter.

Besides, in his current form Kessler should stay near the rim anyway. He's by far the most useful there. I'm not crazy about the idea of putting Lauri on Jokic because it takes away from his offense, but that might still be the best option. As said above, Jokic will get his against anybody, but Lauri as the 1st line of defense and then Kessler at the rim may be the most effective combination.
Yeah we’ll see I guess, but depending on how they’re going from three I expect we’ll see some zone sets as well.