What's new

Game Thread Jan 12, 2024 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Raptors

Added to Calendar: 01-12-24

This may sound crazy, but hear me out. THT has not played in garbage time in any of the Jazz wins. But he did play in garbage time when Boston blew out the Jazz.

Could it be that coach Hardy is superstitious and doesn't want to play THT in wins?
Hardy seems quirky so it wouldn't shock me

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

This may sound crazy, but hear me out. THT has not played in garbage time in any of the Jazz wins. But he did play in garbage time when Boston blew out the Jazz.

Could it be that coach Hardy is superstitious and doesn't want to play THT in wins?
I think if it's extended garbage time he plays, but he isn't being put in for the final minutes of games

It's a 14 game sample. Why would THT only get garbage minutes in the one blow out? Makes no sense.
Because the Boston game Will was legitimately disgusted with the teams effort and it was very much "maybe these guys will put energy into the game" kind of substitutions.

Because the Boston game Will was legitimately disgusted with the teams effort and it was very much "maybe these guys will put energy into the game" kind of substitutions.

THT's play simply does not explain him being so utterly out of the rotation.

I know a more rational explanation is probably more likely to be the truth. But the superstition theory fits so well with the data...

I guess time will tell.