What's new

Game Thread Jan 12, 2024 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Raptors

Added to Calendar: 01-12-24

Would like to see the Jazz find a way to ship THT to Grizzlies to give him a chance to put in some good work before he hits free agency. But can't think of a way that makes sense for both teams.

Well that was an ugly game by the officials. I mean Raptors obviously came in with the attitude of making this a very physical game, since they had massive size disadvantage, but still the refs could have toned it down a bit.
  • It was obvious that just like last game, Raptors had absolutely no chance to beat us in clean half-court basketball. Their only chance was to beat us on 1on1 or transition, and they really didnt do that either, despite gaining 10 more points on the fast break.
  • The Raptors didnt get almost any clean paint looks, and despite hitting their 3s and being successful foul merchants, they had to play super one dimensional ball on offense and whenever they didnt get the 3P looks or werent successful in drawing fouls, they came up empty.
  • On the other end, we got what we wanted. Good spacing, good 3P shots (albeit we did take some bad ones as well) and the paint was just completely owned by us.
  • Brice with his first NBA bucket and it was SWEET! Also love the fact that TH and Brice combined to shoot 3/4 from 3, and they seemed to have some connection between them.
I'll take an ugly blowout win with lots of game breaks when its a first game of a back to back. Players rested a lot between plays with all the free throws being shot, and we were able to pull the rotation guys out early.

I mean to illustrate our paint dominance, just check out this Raptors shot chart with red sprayed all over the paint:
1705133350481.png
And compare it to ours, which is just full of green and everything is packed right at the rim:
1705133367525.png

Another beautiful stat. All 4 guards have 5 or more assist + ko

Dunn - 5
Sexton- 5
Jc- 5
Key-6
KO-5
Last game I said keyonte needs to distribute more. His game looked real nice tonight.
Led the team in assists and played much better overall
Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

The only thing that really makes sense with THT not playing in garbage time is per game stats. In almost all similar situations a coach will give a fringe rotation player as many minutes as they can find to keep them engaged. I'm guessing it's THT's side, but could also be the Jazz's side that wants to maintain his per game stats, which either way is dumb.

The only thing that really makes sense with THT not playing in garbage time is per game stats. In almost all similar situations a coach will give a fringe rotation player as many minutes as they can find to keep them engaged. I'm guessing it's THT's side, but could also be the Jazz's side that wants to maintain his per game stats, which either way is dumb.
Or then they wanted to play Dunn so that Brice and TH get the ball more. THT is on a contract year so understandably he would have gone for his own box, while Dunn was there just to make the kids look good.

I just escaped a prison camp in China!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY NOW.

GO JAZZ

No yammin for yamers tonight.
Yamers a yamming
Just to pile on Barrett a little more, here's a friendly reminder that the dude is being paid 10 times what Dunn is. Ten times.
Remember when @Elizah Huge was sucking on his yahoo’s during the Mitchell trade saga with the Knicks. And how he went on and on as if he were the second coming of MJ. lol

looking at the box and a lot of the numbers between the two teams are pretty similar. The main reason for the blowout? Rebounds. we had 56 and they had 31. which gave us 93 field goal attempts (43 three point attempts) and they had 81 field goal attempts (34 three point attempts)

looking at the box and a lot of the numbers between the two teams are pretty similar. The main reason for the blowout? Rebounds. we had 56 and they had 31. which gave us 93 field goal attempts (43 three point attempts) and they had 81 field goal attempts (34 three point attempts)
And THAT is how you kick the snot out of Small Ball teams.