What's new

Game Thread Jan 13, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Magic

Added to Calendar: 01-13-23

Markkanen - 28 points and 12 rebounds

Clarkson - 23 points and 12 rebounds

Sexton - 18 points (7/12), 3 rebounds, 3 assists

Kessler - 13 points, 9 rebounds, 7 blocks, 2 steals

Vanderbilt - 7 points and 9 rebounds (21 mins)

Ochai was a team high +23 and Sexton was second with +17. Ochai didn’t put up any crazy stats but outside of Kessler he is the second best defender on the team. Good things happen when he is in the game.

Game ball: Walker Kessler
Collin in his first game back was making shots love to see it.
JC not the best shooting night but critical clutch moments make up for it.
Lauri... I heard a rumor of Magic pre-game gather around: ""No one gets posterized tonight by him! U hear me?! NO ONE! I don't care if he gets 100 ft's but no one gets into poster!"
The only draw-back is salty fans from other teams gonna call Lauri now free throw baiter. If they watch the game they would see some of them were quite hard fouls. No one just did not want to be dunked on.

You notice who is never here when Kessler has a big game?

Yes.
Also never comments about any good plays sexton makes.
I think he is also trending that direction with ochai. (Kinda dug his heels in about the decison not to play ochai until like 40 games into the season)

Plus he said the jazz are no fun to watch without KO and something about how you are a stupid idiot if you think the jazz could possibly be better without KO.

And loves to defend rudy gays minutes. Its quite funny.

At least minnesota is a favorite for the title though.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

So Kessler is #4 in blocks this year and Gobert is #11 and the kid only averages 19 minutes a game. o_O

Ya i think the only we are really missing are the screens gobert set. He was an elite screener.
Other than that i think kessler is just as good or better in the other parts of the game. Gobert might be the better rebounder too. I would have to do some research on that

Yes.
Also never comments about any good plays sexton makes.
I think he is also trending that direction with ochai. (Kinda dug his heels in about the decison not to play ochai until like 40 games into the season)

Plus he said the jazz are no fun to watch without KO and something about how you are a stupid idiot if you think the jazz could possibly be better without KO.

And loves to defend rudy gays minutes. Its quite funny.

At least minnesota is a favorite for the title though.

LOL