What's new

Game Thread Jan 13, 2024 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 01-13-24

So, another Finn here ending up to SLC for its wild nightlife and pristine beaches. Will be coming to Lakers game as first time entry at Delta center and would have three questions for the locals:
- Any recommended pre-match bars/restaurant?
- for buying some souvenier t-shirts, based on previous NHL/NBA games the arena shop is of course on the more expensive side for exactly same items but is there really any difference on pricing if one buys few jr sized t-shirts (I.e. dicks sporting goods etc. Likely sell jazz gear as well)
- There is not GDT for raptors game and I know it sounds like a nigerian scam but I actually have a ticket to the game that I can not sell as I have no US bank account but I think I could just transfer it to someone in seatgeek (or maybe not as it is already sold to me by someone). Was planning to see two games but...
If you are driving a car to the game and dont want to pay for parking then you could go eat dinner at Crown Burger (a utah classic and favorite burger joint) and park there for free and only walk like 1 block to the game. They have the best fry sauce (basically a utah exclusive) there is.

If you are driving a car to the game and dont want to pay for parking then you could go eat dinner at Crown Burger (a utah classic and favorite burger joint) and park there for free and only walk like 1 block to the game. They have the best fry sauce (basically a utah exclusive) there is.
Thanks for the tip, have a car parked at the hotel so planning to walk to arena, but also hence limited by the distance.

Crazy that Lebron is currently listed as questionable and the line is -2.5 LAL.

Wish they had actual game betting in Texas and not just BS daily fantasy stuff.

There has to be a bump in the road somewhere, but Lakers have been so out of sync lately that it would be a shock if they were the ones to cut our hot streak, since our biggest strenght (cohesive team play) is their biggest weakness.

However the individual matchup aspect is slightly concerning. Last time we played them AD sonned Collins and went 26/16 (5 OREB) with +34 in 29 minutes, while Collins was 15/4 with -29. However Kessler didnt play in that game, and back then we were the ones who were out of sync. That was also an IST game, and they were really fired up about that tourney. I'm slightly concerned about our starting lineup vs AD, but we should dominate the non-AD minutes and our advantage in bench vs bench is massive.

Lately the Lakers havent been able to match anyones energy, and if we are play fearless with our usual energy and aggressiveness we will win this game, barring some major shooting discrepancy. Just keep in mind this is one of the games where we likely cannot save a bad shooting night by blowing them out on the boards.

Why are these games 30 minutes later than normal?

Pretty inconsiderate if you ask me.
I hate it. And the nuggets was an hour later.
I have to be up at 5am everyday! (Though not tomorrow at least) I'm pretty tired lol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I hate it. And the nuggets was an hour later.
I have to be up at 5am everyday! (Though not tomorrow at least) I'm pretty tired lol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I wake up at 5am EST/3am MST (although not on the weekends). It's brutal, and why I watch most games from the replay.

Thanks for the tip, have a car parked at the hotel so planning to walk to arena, but also hence limited by the distance.
Lake Effect is in my opinion the coolest bar/restaurant in SLC and they have great food. Live music every night and an upscale crowd with a lot of eye candy. It's also just a few blocks from the Delta Center.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Lake Effect is in my opinion the coolest bar/restaurant in SLC and they have great food. Live music every night and an upscale crowd with a lot of eye candy. It's also just a few blocks from the Delta Center.

This is why you gotta ask what type of places people are looking for. This is one of my least favorite places. But I can see the appeal for people if you like fancy bars.

Jazz has been shooting so well lately, it's inevitable there will be one cold game thrown into the mix sooner or later. Just pls, don't let it be this one. Go strong in the 1st and try to build a little cushion for 2nd. Be physical, make them be frustrated. Refs gonna be on their side more, so make them hurt and earn for it at least

I think im related to the owners of that place in some way but i forget how. I have never been there but when I have walked or driven past it, it looks really nice

So, another Finn here ending up to SLC for its wild nightlife and pristine beaches. Will be coming to Lakers game as first time entry at Delta center and would have three questions for the locals:
- Any recommended pre-match bars/restaurant?
- for buying some souvenier t-shirts, based on previous NHL/NBA games the arena shop is of course on the more expensive side for exactly same items but is there really any difference on pricing if one buys few jr sized t-shirts (I.e. dicks sporting goods etc. Likely sell jazz gear as well)
- There is not GDT for raptors game and I know it sounds like a nigerian scam but I actually have a ticket to the game that I can not sell as I have no US bank account but I think I could just transfer it to someone in seatgeek (or maybe not as it is already sold to me by someone). Was planning to see two games but...
This Kiitos Brewing looks like a solid option thttps://kiitosbrewing.com/