What's new

Game Thread Jan 13, 2024 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 01-13-24

My wifey just surprised me with some row 10 Toyota Club tickets for my big 4-0 on Saturday! All inclusive buffet and beer. She said she had something planned for me and not to make plans and this is pretty f* badass.

I'm not a huge Lebron guy but seeing one of the all time greats up close will be a once in a lifetime experience. That's if he doesn't flop out and sit. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked.

Sounds cool. Go an hour early so you can lounge a while.

This is why you gotta ask what type of places people are looking for. This is one of my least favorite places. But I can see the appeal for people if you like fancy bars.

Not sure what's not to like about it. Jazz games on TV, live music, location, old building, three levels with different vibe on each, reasonable food prices with a big selection, a lot of tap beer, amazing cocktails, really cool use of natural materials and things like train tracks, motorcycle chains, risque art, etc. It's honestly probably the coolest bar I've been to including bars throughout Europe, South America, North America, Asia, Down Under. If a dive bar is more your style that's one thing but they are dime-a-dozen and this bar is special in every way.

1705162029774.png

1705162090835.png
1705162117706.png

1705162289218.png
1705162933404.png
1705162980275.png
1705163006376.png
1705163026938.png

Attachments

• 1705162169138.png
    1705162169138.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1705162216289.png
    1705162216289.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 3
I think im related to the owners of that place in some way but i forget how. I have never been there but when I have walked or driven past it, it looks really nice

The owner is Jeff Burbach and his partner and manager is Nick Chaches.

The owner is Jeff Burbach and his partner and manager is Nick Chaches.
No idea who them dudes are but a few years ago someone said that the owner was my 2nd cousin or some **** like that.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Not sure what's not to like about it. Jazz games on TV, live music, location, old building, three levels with different vibe on each, reasonable food prices with a big selection, a lot of tap beer, amazing cocktails, really cool use of natural materials and things like train tracks, motorcycle chains, risque art, etc. It's honestly probably the coolest bar I've been to including bars throughout Europe, South America, North America, Asia, Down Under. If a dive bar is more your style that's one thing but they are dime-a-dozen and this bar is special in every way.

View attachment 15755

View attachment 15756
View attachment 15757

View attachment 15760
View attachment 15761
View attachment 15762
View attachment 15763
View attachment 15764
Its just not my style usually. I have been a couple times since I have some friends who like that stuff. I am sure there are new bars in SLC since I moved away 5 or 6 years ago, but back then I had been to every bar. Used to do new bar Tuesdays after street tacos.

I generally have no interest in those hipster, upscale, dress up bars, that the average customer are kinda snooty (obviously not everyone). But I have nothing against people who do like it and see the appeal. And every now and then I do like this style bar to go out dressed up with the wife or for something special, but usually leave after a couple drinks. I like Twist in SLC its kind of a mix of the two. I also like the building Lake Effect is in. SLC has some really cool old building downtown.

I am definitely more of a dive bar guy. I want a pool table at the bar and relaxed customers that can chit chat with each other and are friendly. SLC is known for their dive bars in particular and I like em. But everyone is different. I don't really have interest in paying $20 bucks for a drink that takes 15 minutes to make either. I would rather get a $3 shot and a beer, or a stein of local craft beer for $5. I go to the bar to socialize, relax, have fun, and be a bit noisy. I am also not much of a fan of live bands, even though dive bars have those too sometimes. You'll catch me at Jackalope, Cheers, Johnnies, Twilight, or the diviest and saddest bar Brewvies usually. Well or any of the great breweries in SLC.

Its just not my style usually. I have been a couple times since I have some friends who like that stuff. I am sure there are new bars in SLC since I moved away 5 or 6 years ago, but back then I had been to every bar. Used to do new bar Tuesdays after street tacos.

I generally have no interest in those hipster, upscale, dress up bars, that the average customer are kinda snooty (obviously not everyone). But I have nothing against people who do like it and see the appeal. And every now and then I do like this style bar to go out dressed up with the wife or for something special, but usually leave after a couple drinks. I like Twist in SLC its kind of a mix of the two. I also like the building Lake Effect is in. SLC has some really cool old building downtown.

I am definitely more of a dive bar guy. I want a pool table at the bar and relaxed customers that can chit chat with each other and are friendly. SLC is known for their dive bars in particular and I like em. But everyone is different. I don't really have interest in paying $20 bucks for a drink that takes 15 minutes to make either. I would rather get a $3 shot and a beer, or a stein of local craft beer for $5. I go to the bar to socialize, relax, have fun, and be a bit noisy. I am also not much of a fan of live bands, even though dive bars have those too sometimes. You'll catch me at Jackalope, Cheers, Johnnies, Twilight, or the diviest and saddest bar Brewvies usually. Well or any of the great breweries in SLC.
I like dive bars too. Bar X and Twilight used to be my go to.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Please tell us outlanders WTH is a dive bar? I have no clue... :D
Uh, a cheap bar that's not nice basically and a little more dimly lit. Usually has a pool table or darts. Usually doesn't make cocktails only beer, shots ,or a basic mixer like Coke and rum. Usually more drunk people and regulars. If they serve food it's just simple bar food.

Sexton only played 20 minutes. Hes gonna feast tomorrow
Just looked at the box score. JC was our high man with 30 min. Lauri had 29 min and Key had 24. No one else had more than 22 min. We should be fine today, and as fresh as a team could be on the second night of a back to back

Uh, a cheap bar that's not nice basically and a little more dimly lit. Usually has a pool table or darts. Usually doesn't make cocktails only beer, shots ,or a basic mixer like Coke and rum. Usually more drunk people and regulars. If they serve food it's just simple bar food.
Ok, so basically what we in Finland call räkälä what translates roughly to 'snot-place'. :D

I usually troll and say something like "blowout loss" but please win this game. I hate the Lakers but It's going to be hard 8 vs 5

They scared:

"Per Jovan Buha of The Athletic, All-Star Lakers power forward LeBron James, small forward Cam Reddish, and reserve point guard D'Angelo Russell have all seen their health statuses demoted to questionable ahead of the action."