What's new

Game Thread Jan 15, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pacers

Added to Calendar: 01-15-24

Holy ****! Lauri was and Sexton were amazing!!

Crazy thing is Lauri should have got more touches and buckets. I loved the start running everything though him. He was on fire to start. I think he has 11 points and 2 assists to start the game before any points were scored not though him.

Pretty much everyone looked great!

Holy ****! Lauri was and Sexton were amazing!!

Crazy thing is Lauri should have got more touches and buckets. I loved the start running everything though him. He was on fire to start. I think he has 11 points and 2 assists to start the game before any points were scored not though him.

Pretty much everyone looked great!
And we got chicken… another flawless victory!!!

Easy win, great control. This team is really solid right now. I'm pretty sure DA can find a way to improve it a bit more and we can compete in the next 2 years for bigger things. Great to see. I'm also happy to see Sexton back to his Cavs level, he is not the perfect PG but still really good.

Great game. Chased Turner off the court by making him foul, and after that it was a cakewalk.
  • Defense was not as good as it has been in some of our recent games, but it was still fine. Better than against the Lakers at least. There were a few broken coverages in fast breaks, unnecessarily open early 3s for Hield and some moments where we just fell asleep (I'm looking at you, Collins).
  • Lauri and Sexton set the offensive tempo early, and Lauri either made or assisted our first 15 points. Sexton also got a couple assist to Lauri. They are really starting to become a duo.
  • In the 3rd, Lauri played the entire quarter drew 8 FTs and scored 17 points, effectively putting this game out of reach. Sexton came in for a couple of minutes in the 4th and scored 8 quick points to hit 30 and to hold off any chances for Indy make a comeback, and Keyonte put them asleep in the final minutes.
Was a hard fought game at the start by the Pacers and it turned a bit chippy and sloppy, but our quality and the way our guys play as individuals and as a team was just overwhelming for these Tyreseless Pacers.

Last edited:
Crazy thing is that for the season he isn't really playing much better than last season. He was really good last season too.

Of course during this winning streak he is certainly on another level

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Nah, his court awareness is night and day better. His iso scoring is about the same though, he has always been pretty good in that regard. His hard work along with the coaching staff has done wonders for him. His defense is also really getting better and makes me less worried about that aspect going forward.

Nah, his court awareness is night and day better. His iso scoring is about the same though, he has always been pretty good in that regard. His hard work along with the coaching staff has done wonders for him. His defense is also really getting better and makes me less worried about that aspect going forward.
I definitely agree about the court awareness, and also think his finishing at the rim and through contact has improved a lot. Last season he was drawing free throws, but my gut feeling is that they were more 2 FT after a miss type of FTs, whereas now he is making the buckets and getting and-1s.

I definitely agree about the court awareness, and also think his finishing at the rim and through contact has improved a lot. Last season he was drawing free throws, but my gut feeling is that they were more 2 FT after a miss type of FTs, whereas now he is making the buckets and getting and-1s.
His rim finishing has increased by 15% this year. Easily the best in the entire league.

Ok then his court awareness is night and day better and he has been working hard with the staff and doing wonders but it just isn't showing up much as far as his production goes.

This season he is playing less minutes than last season but has a higher usage and is taking more shots and getting more assists with that higher usage but is shooting a worse percentage from the field and from three than last year.

Main point I'm making here is that he was also really good last year. That way there were a few of us who believed in him prior to this streak. He was over 50% from the field and 40% from three last year.

Early this season he was struggling along with the whole team while hardy was trying to figure what to do with this team. I kept telling everyone to look at the bigger sample size (the entire year last season) and not to worry about sexton cause he is good.

He was really good as a starter last year (I remember Eliza huge touting his numbers as a starter last year) too. I think the main thing for Sexton is he needed hardy to believe in him. Start him. Stick with him. Sexton has always been having his role and minutes getting jerked around with Conley, naw, keyonte, tht, Dunn, Clarkson, etc. what really unlocks him is to start him, believe in him, and stick with him. I'm very happy that is happening now.

Having said all that, during this win streak he is playing WAY better than anytime last year or anytime in his career I'm sure. I don't think it's possible for him to maintain this play. I really hope that if he has a few games where he struggles hardy will continue to believe in him and stick with him.
Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jazz a Walker Kessler jump from being a dangerous team.

Hopefully he puts his *** in gear in the off-season working on finishing strong and getting to the FT line.
...and hopefully hit those FTs once in a while. Not been looking great of late.

Jazz a Walker Kessler jump from being a dangerous team.

Hopefully he puts his *** in gear in the off-season working on finishing strong and getting to the FT line.

They already seem pretty damn dangerous. I don't think his offense beyond the occasional alley-oop finish and rim clean ups is that important. FT's could be important but it's not like he's Shaq with 20 FGA/game so his exposure is limited. What we're doing right now is the recipe for success and if we continue it we stand a chance against anyone in a series.

They already seem pretty damn dangerous. I don't think his offense beyond the occasional alley-oop finish and rim clean ups is that important. FT's could be important but it's not like he's Shaq with 20 FGA/game so his exposure is limited. What we're doing right now is the recipe for success and if we continue it we stand a chance against anyone in a series.
Right now I’m as much of an optimist as the next guy, but the top 4 in the West will all be brutal matchups. Really hard to think we’re peaking like this against playoff-ready Wolves, Thunder, Nuggets, or Clippers.

Right now I’m as much of an optimist as the next guy, but the top 4 in the West will all be brutal matchups. Really hard to think we’re peaking like this against playoff-ready Wolves, Thunder, Nuggets, or Clippers.
I think 10 years from now they wont talk about the '04 Pistons, but the '24 Jazz.

We may never lose again.