What's new

Game Thread Jan 17, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Warriors (POSTPONED)

Added to Calendar: 01-17-24

The "sudden and serious" makes it sound really worrying. I think the fact that the episode happened when a lot of the Warriors players and coached were together at a SLC restaurant might have played into the postponement - ie. the team saw what happened to him, which must have been a bad experience.

The "sudden and serious" makes it sound really worrying. I think the fact that the episode happened when a lot of the Warriors players and coached were together at a SLC restaurant might have played into the postponement - ie. the team saw what happened to him, which must have been a bad experience.
Yeah... it just takes a lot of reconfiguring to reschedule a game. So its usually like a last resort. So must have been awful.

I'm hoping for the best, but I have a feeling we're going to see a pretty grim update sometime today.

Sounds like he had a heart attack.

On the bright side we will have an extra day of rest and won’t be in the second end of a B2B against OKC tomorrow.

On one hand it would have been nice to play GS while they are down (although I'm not making any prediction about them getting better). On the other hand our January schedule is so compact, it could make a huge impact having that extra rest.

Sounds like it happened during a team dinner and a lot of players were distraught. Coaches also in the hospital overnight so they were probably not in a good place either. Postponing makes sense, just sucks all around. At least the Jazz avoid a back to back, but who knows when it actually gets rescheduled, may end up being worse.